VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
11,917 Posts
ive had my SOG Trident assisted open for 2 yrs now...i love it and the assist mechanism is as good as day 1 and i play with that thing non stop. the flipping open is addicting

·
Registered
81,361 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Nothing specific to recommend but I have had really good luck with Columbia River knives (CRKT) for the price. I have also ordered from the Blade Shop a few times and it seems they have great prices and good service, they seem to carry pretty much everything too from cheap to huge money and have a lot of customer reviews.
http://www.thebladeshop.com/
I have this thing now and its a great utility/warehouse hacker knife. It's bigger than you want and unassisted but it works for me and scores high on the BMF look.

Not bad for $45
I've got the big dog version with the full belly of this knife. I bought the small one first and decided, since I don't use a knife for work and won't be carrying it around all the time, to sell the small one to my buddy and buy the bigger one for 10 bucks more. Thankfully, the knives are so badass that my buddy jumped on it in a heartbeat. They really are top notch.

The big one with the full fat blade (not the tanto) might as well be assisted opening. You tap your index finger on the hilt and the blade swings open and locks in a hurry.

Great knife, though the metal of the serrations is very thin and prone to bending over slightly. Though, even then, the serrations are still ridiculously sharp.

·
Registered
17,975 Posts

benchmade 530sbk. super light. tough steel. benchmade quality. and every time i use the axis lock i love it even more...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Nothing specific to recommend but I have had really good luck with Columbia River knives (CRKT) for the price. I have also ordered from the Blade Shop a few times and it seems they have great prices and good service, they seem to carry pretty much everything too from cheap to huge money and have a lot of customer reviews.
http://www.thebladeshop.com/
I have this thing now and its a great utility/warehouse hacker knife. It's bigger than you want and unassisted but it works for me and scores high on the BMF look.

Not bad for $45
convert the pocket clip to carry the blade tip up in your pocket with the back of the blade into the rear of your pocket. As you pull the knife out of your pocket in a normal draw one of the "arms"(i dont know what to call it exactly) will hook on the inside of your pocket, as you keep pulling, it will open the knife ready to rock. it is, for me, very fast. now that i look at it, it'll do what the knives with the wave does.

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
I just got a M16-EDC Tanto a few weeks back as a new carry knife, my SOG is too large to be legally carried on campus. Paid 20$ for it on Amazon, it came in with my books :laugh:

Great little knife, the flipper on it is awesome. I just wish it had the full hilt so I could have it hook on my pocket like the wave. Very sharp out of the box.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

Just picked this up recently. Razor sharp out of the box, spring assisted solid construction, and very purpose built. And for around $40, not a bad deal. I'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
21,613 Posts

Don't know if I ever posted this - but I've been lovin' my Benchmade HK ...even if they shipped me a non-tanto when I ordered a tanto...I liked it too much to send it back.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback XT
2,731 Posts
ahh how my edc knives collection have grown since I made my first post in this thread:

this is my current edc, been rotating the endura out with a non-waved endura and a benchmade 940

·
Administrator Emeritus
19,475 Posts
I am still carrying that Kershaw from the first page of this thread. In my pocket right now, actually. I have thought about getting a Scallion, but I'd want the damascus one, and that's just too expensive.

I do need to take it apart and clean the bearings soon, as well as maybe touching up the edge a tiny bit.

-Tim

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback XT
2,731 Posts
Much of the cancelled Red Class products, especially the import but popular models like the Pika, are now relegated to the HK and Harley line. There are a few noticeable/desirables in the HK line, like the auto Snody designed 14905, or the Snody 14205. Both are USA made.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'd just like to say that New York sucks. Loads of companies/stores won't ship to NY because of our dumb, overly-strict knife laws. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
WOW!!

I started this thread a long time ago and have been carrying multiple knives, but the SOG Twitch 1 has been in my pocket most of the time. Addicting assisted opening, blade stays really sharp, light weight, and feels great in my pocket and hand. I've also become a huge fan of the Becker Necker as an EDC when I feel like a fixed blade is a good idea.

Other than that I've been carrying the Gerber EAB, Leatherman Skeletool, Spyderco Mariner, Benchmade Mini Grip, and SOG Flash I and II. All great knives, but I keep turning to the Twitch.

Great to see everybody's EDC collection and suggestions. Keep them coming!!

61 - 80 of 109 Posts