VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I REALLY didn't like my Scallion. The blade curve was awkward and the size made it difficult to hold for any hard cuts.

Assisted open are cool but if you aren't going to go all out for a Benchmade Nitro, don't bother. A quality 1-hand-open knife will be more than convenient. I LOVED my Spyderco Endura until I lost it. Great size and great blade. I could actually grip the thing and that was beautiful compared to the smaller knives I owned before. I'm currently rocking a SOG Spec Elite I and it's freaking awesome. I don't recommend it for extended use cutting as the grip isn't the most comfortable on hard cuts but it's a great size and feels amazing in hand. I can also open it VERY quickly if need be.

Spyderco I bought on Ebay for ~$30 and replaced with SOG for $45-50ish (can't remember).

4" blade.

Love it. Will replace with Benchmade or another Spyderco in a few years, maybe :)sly:).

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
I REALLY didn't like my Scallion. The blade curve was awkward and the size made it difficult to hold for any hard cuts.
I'm carrying a Kershaw Scallion right now and I love it. The only reason I carry something as small is because I'm not supposed to carry at work but I do and I want to keep it somewhat unnoticeable. My Chive is a bit too small though.

I'm curious though, what ~2" folding knife do you guys think is best?

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I'm curious though, what ~2" folding knife do you guys think is best?
Not sure I'd consider it the best, but as far as offering value for the dollar,
it's difficult to beat Spyderco's products.

I have a Dragonfly that's held up quite well over the years:

They can be had for ~$35.00.
I actually carry my Delica all the time since it seems to offer the best combination
of size, strength & carry convenience but if I want something smaller, I carry the Dragonfly.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm with this guy except substitute Delica with Endura... pretty much the same except a bit bigger. Can't go wrong either way. I loves me some Spydercos.

·
Registered
81,361 Posts
Been carrying my Izula and it's been great. Can't imagine carrying a folder ever again.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts