VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
08 TSX 6MT, 12 XC70 T6
47,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good head unit for under $200.

I'm looking to get a good head unit for my car that can play MP3s on DVDs.
I think JVC is the only one that makes those and the JVC KD-DV4200 can do that
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-R...DV420
I've seen it for between $140-160 with froogle
are there any other DVD MP3 head units?
and, why did I have to venture all the way to the VWVortex side of things to find the Car Audio & Electronics section
This should be in the Car Lounge Category with all it's classifieds...

Modified by Chapel at 8:58 PM 11-27-2006

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Re: Good head unit for under $200. (Chapel)

DVD is the expensive part I think.
I just got a new deck but dvd wanst a need for me and $200 is a great price for a large selection. Most with dvd are around $300, maybe someone else has some input.

· Registered
1,925 Posts
Re: Good head unit for under $200. (Chapel)

"good" is relative.
if you need a deck that can do what you've asked for less than 2bills, you've found it already.
why should this be in the louge? this is a tech forum not a "where can i find such and such HU" forum....check the classifieds for that.

· Registered
5,104 Posts
Re: (Chapel)

i think its supposed to be more specific for the audio system in VW's. i didnt know every forum didnt have thier own. i guess that explains all the questions about audi HUs. and the people on here all the time without vw's.
$200 for any dvd playing HU is a good deal. however, almost anything that plays dvd's will play mp3s, even if it isnt advertised to do so. the compression is the same as the audio on a dvd. when in doubt call the manufacturer. the jvc sounds like a deal to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.