VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at the 2006 Civic Si as my next commuter. I put over 90,000 miles on my 20th Anniversary since June 2003 and the new Civic Si has really caught my eye. Having owned a 99 Si when new, I'm deciding to go back to the H reliability. (Although my VW has served me well). So it comes down to deciding on the color. I love Blue. Blue has always been my favorite color. But the Fiji Blue Pearl on the new Si seems too dark for me. Then there is white, but my girlfriend has a white car. And then it comes down to Rallye Red. I love it! But whenever someone asks what color I'm going to choose, and I tell them Red, they say "Good luck with the speeding tickets!"
So why is it that EVERYONE thinks that just because someone drives a red car, that they will be inundated with speeding tickets? Do police officers really see red THAT much more than say, Jazz Blue?
Please participate in the poll and respond accoringly...
THANKS IN ADVANCE for the assistance...!!

· Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda
60,250 Posts
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (sphipps70)

Quote, originally posted by sphipps70 »
You only have one choice...WHITE.

· Registered
2021 CX-5 Turbo
8,705 Posts
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (User Banned)

I have a milano red honda civic and I've had two tickets, but thats because i've been dumb on city roads. on the highway I have a clean slate.
however, you might want to keep in mind that there are more cars on the road these days which can make decent victims: all those older models with large wings, clear lights, projector headlights and stickers also are catching cops eyes. i say you get your Civic Si in red because the car looks great in it, and just be careful when driving. (It doesnt come in milano red anymore does it? or do they save that for the RSX?)

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (maskedSONY)

Quote, originally posted by maskedSONY »
(It doesnt come in milano red anymore does it? or do they save that for the RSX?)

No more Milano. Only Rallye Red or Habanero Red Pearl. (HRP is Si exclusive, as is Fiji Blue) The Rallye red is the brighter of the two, and is also available on the EX.

· Registered
13,060 Posts
Ive never been pulled over and my car is red with 10% tint!
But it is a family economy sedan lol

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (JrodVW)

Quote, originally posted by JrodVW »
The 911 is red; the Miata is red.
No tickets in either car, ever.

My first car, a 1991 Chevy Beretta V6 was red. Lots of tickets.
Then my last car (before my GTI) was a red Corrado SLC. No tickets.
So I guess I answered my own question. But I love blue!

· Banned
3,817 Posts
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (FBMphil)

it's not what people think, you ARE going to get stopped a lot more with a red car than a blue or white car.
I would chose Silver

Modified by Pelko at 2:04 PM 3-12-2006

Modified by Pelko at 2:04 PM 3-12-2006

· Registered
19,640 Posts
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (Pelko)

Quote, originally posted by Pelko »
it's not what people think, you ARE going to get stopped a lot more with a red car than a blue or white car.
I would chose Silver

that simply isn't true anymore. back in the 80's something like 60% of cars given speeding tickets were red. today the percentage of red cars issued speeding tickets is no greater then any other color.
flashy colors are more prone to grabbing a cops attention...like birght yellow for example. but if your speeding, the color of your car makes no differance. if the radar says your speeding..you are getting pulled over, wether your car is red, blue, white, yellow, black, or silver.

· Registered
81,565 Posts
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (sphipps70)

Quote, originally posted by sphipps70 »
You only have one choice...WHITE.

· Premium Member
27,611 Posts
Re: Red Cars = Speeding Tickets? (User Banned)

My dad has accumulated about 6 speeding tickets over the course of the last 25 years. All of them were appended to his record over the course of the three years that he and my mom owned a red vehicle.
A Dodge Grand Caravan.
I firmly believe that red = tickets. He hasn't gotten a single one since he took over my sister's dark green GSR.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.