VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
So about 2 weeks ago i happened to go through a yellow/red light. And it appears that they had a camera at that intersection (Erin Mills & 403). I just got the fine in the mail the other day for $320.
I did not mean to run a red light but i breaked slightly and could feel the car skidding & figured its safer to proceed.
I've already requested a trial but i'm thinking, should i just plead guilty with a lesser charge just to save me time?
How much will my fine be reduced to? If i go to trial, and lose do i have to pay the full $320 or can we negotiate ?

Thanks again

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (independent77)

Traffic was moving at that speed. In the picture you'll also see another car going through the light so i was not the only one..

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (GTi_8v)

Quote, originally posted by GTi_8v »

So about 2 weeks ago i happened to go through a yellow/red light.

Well it wasnt yellow. The camera will only picture a car that crosses the white line after the light is red.

I did not mean to run a red light but i breaked slightly and could feel the car skidding & figured its safer to proceed.

So you were going too fast for the road conditions?
They have a countdown for the lights at that intersection too( its actually Erin Mills and Folkway) so no excuse to be speeding up to it really.

Others have said they take their excuses to court and have the fine reduced. Doubtful you will get off.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (drew80a)

Quote, originally posted by drew80a »

Well it wasnt yellow. The camera will only picture a car that crosses the white line after the light is red.
So you were going too fast for the road conditions?
They have a countdown for the lights at that intersection too( its actually Erin Mills and Folkway) so no excuse to be speeding up to it really.

Others have said they take their excuses to court and have the fine reduced. Doubtful you will get off.

Well it was yellow when i was on the line & changed at that point. In the ticket it says 0.2secs
I already filed for trial, should i rather plead guilty with a lesser charge?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (JOHNS92JETTA)

Quote, originally posted by JOHNS92JETTA »
Fight it. I got mine knocked down from $180 to $50 in Toronto.
Same thing, 0.2 seconds after the light changed.

Thanks for the reply dude. What explanation did you give?

·
Registered
10,496 Posts

The one that they taught me in Young Drivers,
" I was past the point of no return" or "I was unable to make a safe stop without being rear ended" (If your car was the only one in the pic)

·
Registered
3,239 Posts

so those tickets went up along with red light tickets issues by actual cops eh. I have a few techs that have gotten nailed at that very intersection, they plead guilty and have had it reduced from 180 to 110, but you're saying its over 300 now, damn

·
Registered
407 Posts
The camera at both Credit Valley and Folkway along Erin Mills are notorious for getting drivers going through red lights.
You won't be be able to fight it (unless you can prove the camera was somehow malfunctioning), but you could get it reduced with a believable excuse.

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Re: (Zookie)

Quote, originally posted by Zookie »
what would happen if someone else was driving your car and you dint knwo they broke a red light... and then you get a ticket...

You are still at fault. What a great la... I mean tax grab. Thats why there are no points with it.

·
Registered
19,527 Posts

Traffic was moving at that speed. In the picture you'll also see another car going through the light so i was not the only one..

x2=$640

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (vwjoem)

so let me get this straight... because a camera cought you and not an officer there is no points??
because if you run a red and an officer pulls you over its 2 points correct ?

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (andyztoy)

Bingo. The officer can stand in court and say he saw you. The camera can not. There are a bunch of people looking at pics that judge if you ran the light. (or so I was told)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: Red Light Camera Ticket :( (andyztoy)

Quote, originally posted by andyztoy »
so let me get this straight... because a camera cought you and not an officer there is no points??
because if you run a red and an officer pulls you over its 2 points correct ?

The camera sees the car and not the driver; the car could be driven by someone other than its owner.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Re: (JOHNS92JETTA)

Quote, originally posted by JOHNS92JETTA »

You are still at fault. What a great la... I mean tax grab. Thats why there are no points with it.

thats ghey

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Re: FV-QR (actng 1.8T)

ive got one of these tickets before and deserved it... paid my fine and went on with life.. your basically admitting that you were driving if you take this to court... which could cost you more in the long run..
recently i got the flash again, but the weather was genuinely bad, i was pretty pissed i got nabbed again.. (i actually saw the camera flash in my rear view mirror..) its been over 6 months still no ticket.. i think that if the weather is bad that they take it into consideration...
im just happy i didnt get another ticket...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.