VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22515 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start this to discuss some of the daily games:
Anyone watch the TB game? I love watching these 2 teams play, always controversey playing at the dome and lots of

I feel bad for Rob Bell (TB pitcher). I played against him during my Summer Legion days in NY and he used to kill us day in day out. Now in the major's all he does is get titted.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (-YZ-)

Manny's HR after getting thrown at was one of the best things ive seen in a baseball game.
Too bad the dumb catwalk got in the way of Ortiz's bomb, I would have liked to get a good measurement on that one.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (g60roddo)

Quote, originally posted by g60roddo »
Manny's HR after getting thrown at was one of the best things ive seen in a baseball game.
Too bad the dumb catwalk got in the way of Ortiz's bomb, I would have liked to get a good measurement on that one.

and he was stilled pissed after he hit it. he's got a new post hr move to. he now throws the bat towards the dugout, 3rd time he did it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (Hammertime)

I found it funny seeing the one Red Sox player spoon feeding some pudding to David Ortiz in the dugout. If ya don't know what Im talking about, they showed it on Sporscenter.

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (slvrdubbin)

Quote, originally posted by slvrdubbin »
I found it funny seeing the one Red Sox player spoon feeding some pudding to David Ortiz in the dugout. If ya don't know what Im talking about, they showed it on Sporscenter.

idiots....

good rebound game. hopefully we have enough offense left for the O's who are really improved from last year. and they owned us last year...8-3 or 8-4 on the season....something ridiculous like that.
then...im all set fot them to come to Arlington...got tickets for all 3 games

hopefully Schill's a little more on point..

Modified by redsoxreturns at 10:35 AM 11-5-2009

·
Registered
15,256 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (redsoxreturns)

Quote, originally posted by redsoxreturns »

O's who are really improved from last year. and they owned us last year...8-3 or 8-4 on the season....something rediculous like that.

9-9 last year.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (-YZ-)

Quote, originally posted by -YZ- »
and he was stilled pissed after he hit it. he's got a new post hr move to. he now throws the bat towards the dugout, 3rd time he did it.

I'm sure I'd still be pissed if I had a fastball thrown at my head. And I thought Ortiz is the last person you'd want to throw at. Would you want that guy pissed at you?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (g60rabbit)

Can we discuss pitching???
Its going to get very interesting when we get Miller back in to rotation. You think Arroyo is going to the pen??? sadly yes. He looks great this year, more on point then Clement and Wells (pre 18 shutout inn).
Is anyone concerned about Schilling? I am. Suddenly its 5innings, 80 pitches and then you have to worry.
Wakefield has been his steady self every game. 7innings, 3-4 ER, 1-2 BB. Plus gets decent run support. And I like have D-U-G in game!
The pen is again is ????. Folke is getting to mad on himself, Mantei throws 96mph junk everywhere but in the strike zone, HHHHHHalammmmaaaa is ehhhhh, Neal is one big scary dude, and Myers has been great soo far.
Soo maybe Arroyo in the pen could be a good thing for LONG relief.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (OttaCee)

Quote, originally posted by OttaCee »

Is anyone concerned about Schilling? I am. Suddenly its 5innings, 80 pitches and then you have to worry.

I'm not worried about Schilling at all. He is getting up there in age. He's getting over an injury and he doesn't have his conditioning yet. He'll look great one inning and then below average the next. Give him 3 or 4 more starts and I expect we'll see the Schilling of old.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (OttaCee)

Quote, originally posted by OttaCee »
The pen is again is ????. Folke is getting to mad on himself, Mantei throws 96mph junk everywhere but in the strike zone, HHHHHHalammmmaaaa is ehhhhh, Neal is one big scary dude, and Myers has been great soo far.
Soo maybe Arroyo in the pen could be a good thing for LONG relief.

Yeah I think a lot of people thought the pen was going to be a strength for the Sox, but so far its been so-so. I guess you can't expect them to shut down teams night in/night out.
I'm not too worried though. If they make the post season, the pen should be fine from judging from the last 2 years. They all have post season experience.
They have been lights out with their back against the wall in '04.
Baltimore is going to be very tough me thinks.
They want some payback from being shut out in the last 18 innings against the Sox.

·
Registered
13,314 Posts

Quote, originally posted by g60rabbit »

9-9 last year.

yea...my bad.
Schill got off to a shaky start last year too, so im not too worried. seems a little cautious on the ankle still..

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (DownShift)

Quote, originally posted by DownShift »
redsoxreturns:
What is your sig referring too? A movie or something?

Mad Max. greaaatest movie of all time!!

·
Registered
13,782 Posts

Any talk of suspensions yet?

Not that I've heard. I could see Arroyo getting 5 games for intentionally hitting Singleton. Brazelton should get some for raking Trot Nixon's face. Other than that I don't see too many suspensions. It was pretty minor.

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Re: Red Sox Only Thread -- (Methalius)

Quote, originally posted by Methalius »

Not that I've heard. I could see Arroyo getting 5 games for intentionally hitting Singleton. Brazelton should get some for raking Trot Nixon's face. Other than that I don't see too many suspensions. It was pretty minor.

uhh, what about Carter?

·
Registered
15,256 Posts

Quote, originally posted by redsoxreturns »

uhh, what about Carter?

Not saying he was in the right, but did he actually hit anyone?
I think he will get something.

·
Registered
13,314 Posts

Not saying he was in the right, but did he actually hit anyone?
I think he will get something.

he threw behind Manny, and at Ortiz's head...if that doesnt get him 5 games, the neither should Bronson...he plunked a guy in the leg/thigh w/ an offspeed pitch...

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I'm not getting warm and fuzzy's watching donut boy on the mound. I hope he turns it around fast.

1 - 20 of 22515 Posts