22501 - 22515 of 22515 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
6 more outs!!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
And it's over! World Series Champs! David Price picked a great year to start winning postseason games.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Yeah, i can't see MLB letting him back in. What a shame, really takes away a lot that happened that season. Probably explains why they got so many wins.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,310 Posts
Truck leaves today and still no manager - maybe manager by committee??
Yeah, truck day with no manager is :what:

Boston Red Sox Truck Day 2020: 20,400 baseballs, 1,100 bats among equipment as truck leaves Fenway Park for JetBlue Park on Monday
The Red Sox still are searching for a new manager and chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom could trade Mookie Betts to the Dodgers this week.

But the show must go on.

Red Sox pitchers and catchers will officially report to spring training next Tuesday. The 53-foot equipment truck will leave Fenway Park for JetBlue Park today (Monday).

Red Sox staff will begin to load the equipment at 7 a.m. The truck will leave from Van Ness Street (near Gate D) around 12 p.m.

Per the Red Sox, the equipment includes 20,400 baseballs, 1,100 bats, 200 batting gloves, 200 batting helmets, 320 batting practice tops, 160 white game jerseys, 300 pairs of pants, 400 T-shirts, 400 pairs of socks, 20 cases of bubble gum and 60 cases of sunflower seeds.
https://www.masslive.com/sports/202...s-fenway-park-for-jetblue-park-on-monday.html

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
I actually searched how many baseballs are used in a season several years ago. Lots. :D
Before the lates 90's, baseballs were used in games would get pretty scruffed up before being replaced. They weren't tossed into the crowd after after every inning nor did pitchers asked for a new ball after it was hit.

·
Premium Member
36,310 Posts
So thoughts on the Mookie trade?

I think Sox brass is having second thoughts after the fan outcry. I think most understand that we’d lose him for nothing next year but no one expected us to get so royally fleeced.

“The reported 3 team mega deal that will/would bring SP Kenta Maeda to the Twins, who would send flamethrower Brusdar Graterol to the Red Sox, has hit a snag. Per Ken Rosenthal over at the athletic, upon getting their hands on Graterol’s medical report, Boston has decided they want more.”

·
Registered
27,851 Posts
Having to unload your best player and one of the best in MLB due to bloated contracts given to a bunch of other players. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
36,310 Posts
MLB NEWS ALERT: The Red Sox plan to name bench coach Ron Roenicke their new manager after MLB concludes its investigation into the 2018 team, per @PeteAbe

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
MLB NEWS ALERT: The Red Sox plan to name bench coach Ron Roenicke their new manager after MLB concludes its investigation into the 2018 team, per @PeteAbe
Wonder who their manager will be in 2021 :laugh:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
JBJ is batting .281 with 11 HRs through this point of the simulated season. I think he'd take that over really playing and hitting .225. :D

Funny. :laugh:

My plan is to watch exactly zero Red Sox this year. Liverpool might clinch the EPL today. Manchester City is playing Chelsea and Chelsea is going to be a lot more motivated to win since they're only 2 points ahead of Man United and the Wolves for the last Champion's League slot. I'm watching John Henry's Liverpool instead of the Sox since I can stream NBC Sports off of my Vermont condo XFinity cable account. I cut the cord in Massholia and have no way to stream NESN. The Sox are lousy so it's unlikely they'll make any other streaming feeds this summer. It's not like I'm going to watch at the bar.

22501 - 22515 of 22515 Posts