VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Redline Speed Worx is Proud to Present Fully CNC Machined & Ported FSI Cylinder Heads.

- INA Engineering CNC Ported / Machined Finished Ports
- 31% Increase in Flow at Intake Valves
- 18% Increase in Flow at Exhaust Valves
- 4 Angle Inlet Valve Machining
- 3 Angle & Radius Exhaust Valve Maching
- Valves are Lapped into Cylinder Head ( New seats are installed for +1mm Valves )
- Heads are Ultra Sonic Cleaned Prior to Assembly
- Ferrea Super Alloy Exhaust Valves
- Ferrea Intake Valves
- Ferrea Valve Springs + Ti Retainers
- Knife Edged Port Divider
- Intake Runner Divider Slots Deleted

- INA Engineering CNC Machined Valve with Matching Serial Number to Identify Cylinder Head
- CAT Stage II Camshafts Available ( 270 / 262 )

- $3,000.00 ( Includes +1MM Ferrea Valvetrain )
- CORE Charge $700.00 ( Refunded When a Good Condition Core is Received )

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
12,944 Posts
Cylinder head porting refers to the process of modifying the intake and exhaust ports of an internal combustion engine to improve the quality and quantity of the air flow. Cylinder heads, as manufactured, are usually suboptimal due to design and manufacturing constraints. Porting the heads provides the finely detailed attention required to bring the engine to the highest level of efficiency. More than any other single factor, the porting process is responsible for the high power output of modern engines.
This process can be applied to a standard racing engine to optimize its power output as well as to a production engine to turn it into a racing engine, to enhance its power output for daily use or to alter its power output characteristics to suit a particular application.
Daily human experience with air gives the impression that air is light and nearly non-existent as we move slowly through it. However, an engine running at high speed experiences a totally different substance. In that context, air can be thought of as thick, sticky, elastic, gooey and heavy (see viscosity). Pumping it is a major problem for engines running at speed so head porting helps to alleviate this.

·
Banned
4,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cylinder head porting refers to the process of modifying the intake and exhaust ports of an internal combustion engine to improve the quality and quantity of the air flow. Cylinder heads, as manufactured, are usually suboptimal due to design and manufacturing constraints. Porting the heads provides the finely detailed attention required to bring the engine to the highest level of efficiency. More than any other single factor, the porting process is responsible for the high power output of modern engines.
This process can be applied to a standard racing engine to optimize its power output as well as to a production engine to turn it into a racing engine, to enhance its power output for daily use or to alter its power output characteristics to suit a particular application.
Daily human experience with air gives the impression that air is light and nearly non-existent as we move slowly through it. However, an engine running at high speed experiences a totally different substance. In that context, air can be thought of as thick, sticky, elastic, gooey and heavy (see viscosity). Pumping it is a major problem for engines running at speed so head porting helps to alleviate this.
This is correct ! ;)

·
Registered
12,944 Posts
i'd love this for my I5.. and if i understand correctly, for 3 k i get the head ported, and ferrea stage 3 valve set installed as well???

:)

i'd do it tomorrow (money is on pocket) but i need the money for my turbo set up! :S
but this is something i'd sure love to do.

so, free bump/ advertising for a great upgrade for ANY motor (FI or NA)

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
ohhhh man. Very exciting stuff.

So I"m to understand It's $3000 plus the core charge? So you would need to send $3700 initially?

And I would like to see some before/after dyno sheets as well, whether they be k03, big turbo, whatever.

·
Registered
12,944 Posts
ohhhh man. Very exciting stuff.

So I"m to understand It's $3000 plus the core charge? So you would need to send $3700 initially?

And I would like to see some before/after dyno sheets as well, whether they be k03, big turbo, whatever.
but keep in mind:
its 1600 for the porting +1400 for the stage 3 valvetrain which includes the 1mm oversize intake valves.
and they are pretty much including the install of the new valvetrain, removal of the old and porting for 1400$.. not too bad.. is it?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
free bump.

seroiusly? is anyone else exited about this?
Meh. Not too excited on a turbo motor. A n/a motor will generally see much more of a benefit from this. Custom software would be needed with this regardless, which is more $$$.

Don't get me wrong, this is a good price, but it's still $3k lol. You can almost pick up a K04 kit for that and see much more power ;)

Not to shoot this down at all, if you have the money and this is one of your last steps in the motor build, go for it! There's just not TOO many guys with MKVs running around here with 10k to blow on a 15k car, unless it's for wheels and bags :screwy:

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
at the point which this would be beneficial, the builder is probably using tubular manifolds, so do you also provide gasket matching and the necessary flow matching?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.