VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep trying to find a picture of the guage cluster, but I can't. Anyone know what redline is on this motor?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Redline? (M this 1!)

cool. That's not bad then. I'm just so used to an 8K redline I was hoping it was nothing really early. But 7K should be just fine.
I am wondering though if the car makes power all the way to redline. Because on many cars, if power drops off before redline, you will find that you will get better 1/4mile times by shifting early before power drops off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Redline? (RoofusX)

No, the 1.8T was not designed to be rev-happy. They have a long stroke and make killer torque. You are correct in your assumption about shifting early. You will find that shifting around 6000 rpm is ideal to keep her in the power band. Look at any 1.8T dyno graph and you'll see exactly what I'm speaking! These engines have totally different driving characteristics than pork fried rice.

You'll be pleasently suprised! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Re: Redline? (fliegen)

i too had a hard time not missing my 8300 fuel cutoff in my GSR, but low end grunt will cure you in an hour of driving.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

yeah, but i had a built motored turbo'ed pork fried rice dynoing out at 287whp. So you gotta respect that...
Besides, weren't the Germans and Japanese allies in the war

·
Registered
7,587 Posts

too true, hopefully you're like me and have a wider array of appetites. lately i've just gotten more into sourkraut.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Redline? (M this 1!)

Yeah, don't worry, I like my cars clean, just like my women.

But, yeah, I don't limit my tastes to just Honda's. I love BMW's, VW's etc. My dads got a Vette, mom has a Bimmer, so I just love cars, and tuning cars. I just love taking 4 bangers and beating up on V8's. So I pretty much love everything.... except for J-bodies, what the hell is up with that.
But the pic below you can see I kept a clean ride, no fancy body kits nothing like that. Nice wheels and drop, everything else was preformance.

·
Registered
199 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Yeah, don't worry, I like my cars clean, just like my women.[HR][/HR]​
Funny, I like my women like I like my rice: hot and sticky.

Since I could drive I have had:
'86 BMW 325e
'88 VW GTI 16v
'93 Mazda RX-7
'98 Ford Cobra
'01 Audi A6 4.2
I've got Japan, Germany, and the US of A covered. Each car was great and had it's own unique personality. They was great cars in different ways. It bugs me when people put down cars solely based on the country of origin without considering the merits of the car. But I figure it's just immaturity or ignorance...whatever.

·
Registered
199 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]You hit the nail on the head.
[HR][/HR]​
You mean the part about women and rice, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
also, if you chip the car...

if you chip the car, the turbo can't keep spinning as fast up past ~5000rpm, so after 5000 the boost will be cut back a little bit, it will feel like you're not accelerating as hard from 5k-6k but 6k is probably your best spot if you want acceleration, if you want the nicest feeling with torque, around 5200 is great

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Redline? (LWLam)

Whoa guys, I was just poking a little fun. Please don't take my comment so personally, I just don't care for Hondas regardless of what has been done to them. I'm sure it is a fun car but I was not "putting it down based on the counry of origin", in fact most Hondas country of origin is in the USA. I don't like a lot of cars out there and I'll make stupid remarks about all of them. Oh, and by the way, I too have owned a wide array of vehicles in the past and respect them all for what they were.... and that is why they no longer reside in my driveway. I have owned 6 Hondas and 6 VW's before, so I have experienced both sides of the fence. Thanx.

·
Registered
199 Posts

Fliegen,
It's all good. My comments weren't directed at you. They were just comments made in generality. I'm sure you are very open minded car owner. I think anytime you throw "rice" in a statement about Japanese imports, you are creating the opportunity for someone to misunderstand your intentions. you can say rice in my presence anytime. There are some people who don't feel the same way.
Fried rice with barbequed pork, egg, shrimp, and scallions is very good. I have a great recipe if you're interested.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Redline? (LWLam)

Lester,
I would love to take you up on the recipe, but I can't even make cereal!

Time to marry a cook.

...mmm foooooood....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts