VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had GIAC flashed on my 05 GTI about 2 yrs ago. I thought it was about time to check to see if there had been any software updates. I had the shop reflash with the newest version yesterday, and now I feel like I've lost a lot of power. Before the upgrade, when I pinned the pedal in second or third, I'd be pushed back in my seat, get a little tire chirp, and take off. Now, it feels more stock-like. It's a smooth delivery, but it's lost that push-into-the-seat fast feeling. Anyone have ideas?
To preempt some possible questions.. I chose to upgrade even though I loved what I already had in the hopes that I would lose some unfriendly surging and possibly my CEL. So far, both those things are gone.

· Registered
958 Posts
Your new version has what they call "n75 smoothing" to keep the car from hiccuping and surging. Its designed to work with the stock n75F valve. I don't know if your previous program had that or not, but that could possibly be it.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (MolotovMan)

Quote, originally posted by MolotovMan »
Your new version has what they call "n75 smoothing" to keep the car from hiccuping and surging. Its designed to work with the stock n75F valve. I don't know if your previous program had that or not, but that could possibly be it.

I don't think my previous version had that. But even then, would some smoothing effort really make this much difference? I have an N75J waiting for me to have the time to put it on.. I wonder how much difference that will make, now.
Other thoughts?

· Banned
5,370 Posts
Re: (inkryptic)

Quote, originally posted by inkryptic »

I don't think my previous version had that. But even then, would some smoothing effort really make this much difference? I have an N75J waiting for me to have the time to put it on.. I wonder how much difference that will make, now.
Other thoughts?

In the time it takes to post here, you could've already had it on. It doesn't take that long

· Registered
5,225 Posts
Im running GIAC x+ and have a lot of surging in 4th and 5th... I am running the N75F, and have tried the ECS race, didnt stop it. The receipt from my shop says I have the 14c program, is this the latest file/update?? To the OP... did they give you a name for this update.
i want my surign ot go away
maybe this n75 smoothing is all I need

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Re: (dinan540i)

unitronics = compatible with Big turbo's
giac x+ = stock turbo
if u dont plan on going bigger turbo then i would say giac x+

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Re: (DBVeeDB)

Quote, originally posted by DBVeeDB »
Im running GIAC x+ and have a lot of surging in 4th and 5th... I am running the N75F, and have tried the ECS race, didnt stop it. The receipt from my shop says I have the 14c program, is this the latest file/update?? To the OP... did they give you a name for this update.
i want my surign ot go away
maybe this n75 smoothing is all I need

i have the 14c program and i feel that its too smooth for me.
i put in a n75j valve and the car had days where it boosted hard and other days as if i had no turbo on the car and was towing a trailer behind me.

· Registered
1,533 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dinan540i »
right well im not sure if i would be willing to go BT. it just depends on how fast i can make the car with the k03s

i took a practical approach and im definitely staying with my baby ko3s and calling it a day

· Registered
1,533 Posts

honestly it just may be my car in general but when its cold out i.e 28 degrees out she runs like a bat out of hell. and sumtimes i just dont feel anything and an hour later im like woah where were u all my life. this working on a solution.

· Registered
446 Posts
hahah thats awesome. im still trying to decide, but right now i am leaning with x+. i have a GIAC dealer here in town which is a huge plus. if i decided unitronics i would have to ship my ecu out to them which would be a pain

· Registered
15,991 Posts
Re: (pgk2004)

Quote, originally posted by pgk2004 »
unitronics = compatible with Big turbo's
giac x+ = stock turbo
if u dont plan on going bigger turbo then i would say giac x+

http://www.unitronic.ca/uni/content/view/89/33/
uni makes software for stock turbos also http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
5,225 Posts
i would have to say the same for my GIACx+, there are days when indeed it pulls VERY HARD, surging never seems to be a problem until the higher gears..
Then there are the days where it doenst pull very hard, or like he said, an hour later you wondering where it went. But it always comes back.

· Registered
3,430 Posts
Re: Reflashed to a newer version of GIAC X+... power loss? (inkryptic)

Quote, originally posted by inkryptic »
I had GIAC flashed on my 05 GTI about 2 yrs ago. I thought it was about time to check to see if there had been any software updates. I had the shop reflash with the newest version yesterday, and now I feel like I've lost a lot of power. Before the upgrade, when I pinned the pedal in second or third, I'd be pushed back in my seat, get a little tire chirp, and take off. Now, it feels more stock-like. It's a smooth delivery, but it's lost that push-into-the-seat fast feeling. Anyone have ideas?
To preempt some possible questions.. I chose to upgrade even though I loved what I already had in the hopes that I would lose some unfriendly surging and possibly my CEL. So far, both those things are gone.

Push the right most pedal harder. but for real i have heard it adds a couple more HP and a couple more TQ but it has more of a gradual curve. Its not 10more or whatever that hits you even harder. its just more power and more gradual. just waht i have heard tho. contact the company that did the reflash. and ask them why you have lost the "push-you-into-your-seat" feel LOL thats funny sorry. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.