VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I debated for quite sometime between the Reflex Silver and Moonstone Gray. I like a darker gray metallic like you see on the Audi and BMW. If the moonstone was a metallic, I would have gone that way.

So I choose the silver because it was a metallic and I think it contrasts well with the red and chrome bits. Driving home over the weekend I passed a VW dealer with a Moonstone on the lot. I've yet to see one in person so I had to stop.

As you can see the day was mostly overcast. I have to say I'm happy with my choice. I hope these pics help anyone who's debating the colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
Excellent - great idea and very thankful for posting this. I agree that the Silver contrasts very well to the trim, particularly the black and red. I had Reflex Silver on my 2007 City Golf and liked it, just wish it was a touch darker like Subaru or Toyota though.

The Tie Fighter Grey is great too - still a good contrast with the trim.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I too had this same dilemma. I REALLY wanted moonstone gray based on all the pics I saw online. I never saw it in person as no dealership had that color, let alone any color, on the lot. I found a reflex silver in my searches and ended not realizing how much I liked the contrast between the car and all the trim.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good choice on the reflex silver. My MK7 Golf R was reflex and my current MK4 R32 is reflex. Its a very bright silver that looks great on german cars IMO!!!!!
Thanks (I think) to the original Mercedes Silver Arrows, silver is the traditional international racing color of Germany. So there's that, too. 😁

·
Registered
762 Posts
Silver hides imperfections, dirt and scratches pretty well too. I think it looks pretty good with some matte black decals/trim as well.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I agree. Metallic gives some depth that makes scratches more forgiving. I think Moonstone would look great in a Northern/snowy climate.
Agree with you on the Tie Fighter grey, would look in the snow and even on overcast days.

For me, its probably going to come down to these two colours when I order, probably gonna end up doing eeny, meeny, miny, moe 😅

1 - 11 of 11 Posts