VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum Gray 2020 Jetta 1.4T S
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I refueled my new 2020 Jetta S for the first time yesterday. It was under a 1/4 tank full. Car-Net even sent me a msg on my phone please asking me for fuel. I pulled into the 7-11 Shell station, turned off the engine, and removed the key. When I walked around to the fuel filler flap, it was already open. I guess I thought the car somehow knew I was at a gas station and released it... I'm assuming that anytime I were to stop at a gas station, for something to drink, for instance, that the fuel filler flap would not automatically open.

Any ideas on what I must have done to trigger the opening of the fuel filler flap? In my 2013 Jetta S, I remember going up to the flap and pressing on it to open it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It locks/unlocks with the power door locks. If it was sticking out, then either someone opened it (i.e. pushed it), or the closed flap may not be properly aligned with the quarter panel. Mine always sticks out maybe an 8th of an inch.

·
Registered
Platinum Gray 2020 Jetta 1.4T S
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It locks/unlocks with the power door locks. If it was sticking out, then either someone opened it (i.e. pushed it), or the closed flap may not be properly aligned with the quarter panel. Mine always sticks out maybe an 8th of an inch.
The flap door was open at least an inch when I walked around to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.