VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4474799
Pictures page 2
I can't sleep and I wanted to type this out, I'll post pictures tomorrow...
I was driving back from the gas station tonight when a woman ran a red light and hit me head on (she came in to my lane). After she hit me her car spun and hit 2 other cars. While I was at the hospital getting an mri my doctor informed me she had died in the hospital due to the accident. I'm not exactly sure what to feel.
I got released about an hour ago and I got home about a half hour ago. I can't sleep and wanted to just type it out. I know I'm not responsible but christ. A woman died in an accident I was involved in.
Mustang is totaled. Two accident in 2 months. Neither my fault. I sprained my neck and have bruising on my chest from the airbag deploying. I wasn't wearing my seatbelt for some reason (don't flame me). I guess I was just lucky.
Regardless if she hit me, my prayers go out to her family.

Modified by baltimore at 11:17 AM 8-19-2009

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Re: Remember my car that got hit? (baltimore)

Modified by redsoxreturns at 12:48 PM 9-10-2009

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

That sucks dude. Congrats on still breathing. And don't put this on yourself, you didn't cause this. Have a stiff drink and try to get some rest is my best advice. If thats not an option this is a longshot but if theres any herbal or tea supply stores around you that are still open pick up some valerian root and anything that has a strong, sweet taste. use 1/2 to 2/3 tablespoonful of the valerian to make some strong tea that will soothe the crap out of your nerves and help you rest easy. Valerian root is what they make Valium out of by the way.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Thats rough man. I've been in a couple accidents that shook me up pretty good, also not my fault. There are some things in life you have control over, and some you don't. Stress out about the things you can control, not the ones you can't.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts

i know its hard but try not thinking about it . when you do it will eat you on the inside.
hang in there

·
Registered
13,314 Posts
Re: Remember my car that got hit? (eburg_DUB)

nm

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Sorry to hear that; you were stopped on the other side of the intersection right? So be thankful that it was you and your car there and that you weren't seriously injured, instead of a pedestrian or who knows what, and what she could have done to them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (windycityvdub)

Quote, originally posted by windycityvdub »
Sorry to hear that; you were stopped on the other side of the intersection right? So be thankful that it was you and your car there and that you weren't seriously injured, instead of a pedestrian or who knows what, and what she could have done to them.

I was driving through the intersection she just came in to my lane (I guess to turn at the intersection) and hit me head on.

Modified by baltimore at 8:39 PM 8-18-2009

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
Re: (baltimore)

I was in 3 accidents in 7 months, two of them being 3 weeks from each other. After the 3rd one I really didn't feel like driving anywhere. I was very tense when behind the wheel. I'm someone that likes to drive too! I'll drive with no destination, just to drive!
But you'll get over it. Just hang in there. You'll get through.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
Re: (SVT2888)

pretty incredible that you were involved in a fatal accident and weren't wearing your seatbelt and you weren't the fatality. you should kiss the ground every day you wake up. wear it next time and all the time, glad you're okay.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Man i wouldnt know what to feel. I have seen two accidents happen in two consecutive weeks and I am getting a little antsy. Both were due to speeding drivers not paying attention and rear ending the **** out of another car.
The second one i was on my motorcycle and it happend one lane over...

·
Registered
23,277 Posts
Re: Remember my car that got hit? (jettafan[atic])

thats pretty intense. People make mistakes, and unfortunatly it cost the other drivers life. I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Remember my car that got hit? (Jettavr666)

I've never had an airbag hit me in my life, and now I guess I can vouch for them. My chest landed right on my airbag and it saved my life. Gave me a hell of a whiplash on neck, but saved my life. I can't believe how loud they are though. My ears were ringing for a good 5 minutes. Still kind of hurt now. Was like a gunshot to my chest.
I guess what amazes me more was the airbag deployed before I touched the steering wheel and I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I can't believe how fast it was.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
You should not be making public statements about details of the accident. You can and probably will be sued by her family, even if it's really not your fault.
In particular, your remarks about your travel speed and the speed limit could put you in a bad light.
I'm not saying you're at fault, but you should really delete those posts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (David Mays)

Quote, originally posted by David Mays »
You should not be making public statements about details of the accident. You can and probably will be sued by her family, even if it's really not your fault.
In particular, your remarks about your travel speed and the speed limit could put you in a bad light.
I'm not saying you're at fault, but you should really delete those posts.

Thank you, never thought about that. I edited it.
I'm going to get the family information tomorrow. Send flowers and a card.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts

Quote, originally posted by baltimore »

It's a commendable thought to do this, but again, could be misconstrued. Be very, very careful if you attempt to communicate with the family in any way.
On second thought, just don't. Or if you must, ask a lawyer how you can do it safely.
I know it sucks, and you probably feel absolutely awful about the thing, but your conscience could land you in financial hot water that just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
Re: (David Mays)

Quote, originally posted by David Mays »

It's a commendable thought to do this, but again, could be misconstrued. Be very, very careful if you attempt to communicate with the family in any way.
On second thought, just don't. Or if you must, ask a lawyer how you can do it safely.
I know it sucks, and you probably feel absolutely awful about the thing, but your conscience could land you in financial hot water that just isn't worth it.

the most important thing here is what the police report says as well as any witnesses. if both of these things confirm that she simply drifted into oncoming traffic he has nothing to worry about, and at this point he should know whether or not those things are in his favor.
i'm not saying the OP is lying, he probably isn't. but i made a thread once about how every accident posted on a message board wasn't the fault of the OP.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts

Quote, originally posted by baltimore »

Thank you, never thought about that. I edited it.

Goodluck.
My second accident was similar. Girl, about 17, just got her license, must of blew the red or turned wide on a red, because I was entering the intersection, full green light and suddenly CAR IN FRONT OF MINE. Nothing to do, no way to react, couldn't even react to brace for impact, just hit and was as over as fast as it started.
No one in the car had seatbelts on, luckily the airbags saved the the driver (me) and passanger. The people in the back were fine also, somehow!

1 - 20 of 216 Posts