VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
774 Posts
Haven't seen one of those in 15 years. They used to be pretty popular for the 8V's. It was a pretty good way to help to prevent leaking VC gaskets because they werern't as prone to distortion on the sealing surfaces.
There used to be tuner VC from
Rapid Parts
Oetinger
ABT
and
Moroso
I even saw one off of a super vee that was dry sumped and didn't have a filler hole.
These all seemed to disappear from the marketplace about the time the Corrado came out.

Modified by Redrckt at 12:23 AM 11-29-2006

· Registered
2,305 Posts
Re: Remember my valvecover thread? (vlksdragon)

Quote, originally posted by vlksdragon »
It's made by Treuhaft.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

It was made by Treuhaft , company is long gone, old school
I used to buy some air-cooled performance parts from them, they had a small water cooled section in the back of the catalog,
cool find,. I'd like to find one myself http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Remember my valvecover thread? (Sparknock)

you would. I just rebuilt the crossovers in my klipsch fortes.
and the PINK FLOYD thing is a Recorded Concert, called PULSE, on Laserdisc. The sound quality on the LD blows my buddy's DVD out of the water. totally kick ass. The cover is so beautiful that I have it on display.

Modified by 91gti_wolfsburg at 5:31 PM 11-28-2006

· Registered
12,170 Posts
Re: Remember my valvecover thread? (91gti_wolfsburg)

Don't listen to these guys, that thing is just scrap metal

Send it to me and I will dispose of it for you.

· Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Remember my valvecover thread? (Neon Washer Nozzle)

yeah, thats what I was thinking, scrap aluminum is selling for a few bucks a pound nowadays, maybe I could trade it in for some gas money....

I, in reality, am pretty stoked about this thing. I cant wait to get it on my gti to see how it looks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.