VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah, this thing that everyone went crazy over?

It's just for a video game. Here it is, in the Gran Turismo Sport demo:

Honda hasn't put any info out about it, though. I can't find the original thread about this thing, I feel like there have been a bunch.

Can I say I told you so?

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would just go back to the FT1. At first everyone kept saying it was just for GT6 and to build up some fanboy hype.
The FT-1 was revealed as a real concept before it was put into Gran Turismo...

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was 1st teased as a sketch for GT6.
I don't remember that. It definitely wasn't originally developed just for Gran Turismo, if that's what you mean.

Also its still very early. Honda could roll out a real life concept car.
The patents are already a few years old, and if they do decide to make a real-life model of it, I still highly doubt it would turn into a production car.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I don't remember that. It definitely wasn't originally developed just for Gran Turismo, if that's what you mean.

The patents are already a few years old, and if they do decide to make a real-life model of it, I still highly doubt it would turn into a production car.

That wasn't what I was trying to say. My point was that everyone kept insisting it was just a crazy concept for the game that would never see the light of day.

It is two years ago, but the interior was just patented a few months ago. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SL
32,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

That wasn't what I was trying to say. My point was that everyone kept insisting it was just a crazy concept for the game that would never see the light of day.
Well... That IS just a crazy concept for the game that will never see the light of day:

The FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Honda Sports Vision Gran Turismo Looks Just Like Those 'Baby' NSX Patents

A couple of years ago, a set of patented images surfaced showing a mysteriously sporty Honda model that pretty much looked like a smaller NSX.

We can now see how that particular design language was applied to this, the Sports Vision Gran Turismo, part of the Vision GT program from Sony's upcoming Gran Turismo Sport video game, launching October 17th.

Compared to those patent images filed all the way back in 2015, the Sports Vision GT available in the game appears a bit sharper, with slightly more pronounced fenders. All in all, we're clearly looking at the same car.

We also have a good idea of what the interior looks like thanks to this image. The cabin appears to have a rather simple layout, while the steering wheel is shaped like something out of a Formula One car.

In the end, even though this is just a concept, we're hopeful Honda will put pen to paper soon and sign off on a production version, if they haven't already. It's been reported that such a car could wear the moniker 'ZSX' and rival the new Toyota Supra as the spiritual successor to the Honda S2000, more or less.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/honda-sports-vision-gran-turismo-looks.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts