VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it?

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  theoneVR6 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
Re: Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it? (Spindle)

quote:[HR][/HR]That looks like a real 'R' , but I thought the Type-R guy ( the one who's sister used to post for him !?) was in Wisconsin or MN.
Maybe he went south for the winter.
[HR][/HR]​
Yeah... I couldn't remember where he was from... I was thinking SoCal.

#7 ·
Re: Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it? (Pnut)

I thought the guy was in the upper midwest as well, but maybe it was Florida that he was able to get the car titled through.
Remember, though, the car he bought was a wreck. I'd want full disclosure before buying the car, since jimmying a title might allow the car to be titled as new or used, without stating the damage that was done.
I dunno if I'd touch this car unless its history was verified.

#8 ·
Re: Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it? (Spindle)

quote:[HR][/HR]That looks like a real 'R' , but I thought the Type-R guy ( the one who's sister used to post for him !?) was in Wisconsin or MN.
Maybe he went south for the winter.
[HR][/HR]​
Rob!! Yeah, he had the closest to a USDM Type-R. He had a B18C5 in it instead of the B16B. Very nice car. I believe he sold it.

#9 ·
Re: Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it? (Sporin)

I have two questions here.
#1 what does JDM mean?
#2 if this car is all that etc., why does the speedo only go to 190 kmh? '

My audi only has 133 hp but still the speedo goes to 260 kmh (not that that means my car can do 260, it can barely do 200
)

#10 ·
Re: Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it? (PerL)

quote:[HR][/HR]I have two questions here.
#1 what does JDM mean?
My audi only has 133 hp but still the speedo goes to 260 kmh (not that that means my car can do 260, it can barely do 200
)[HR][/HR]​
#1: Japanese Domestic Market
#2: Not too sure

#12 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]I have two questions here.
#1 what does JDM mean?
)[HR][/HR]​
# 1: Japanese Domestic market
# 2: you won´t find any JDM car with 180+ kph speedos. I think japanese cars are limited to that speed, too. JDM cars don´t have more than 280hp from the factory, that´s the same. There´s a gentlemen´s agreement between the Japanese manufacturers on those issues.

#15 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]There´s a gentlemen´s agreement between the Japanese manufacturers on those issues.
Aha, just like Deutschlands 250 kmh?[HR][/HR]​
Yes, but more strict.

#16 ·
Re: Remember the guy with the real Civic Type-R? Is this it? (Sporin)

I saw that car at Hot Impot Nights in Ft.Lauderdale. They had a big sing on the car saying that the car was going on sale on Ebay in the month of February.My friend knows the guy and for what he has told me that the was shipped from Europe and cost something around 15,000 dollars and its a racing store called Blitz wheels is the one selling it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.