VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday this week, my dealer fixed my drivers side window ( falling window problem...). Last night, my remote was working strangly, so I replaced the battery. Still, worked very irratically. note. It has been -15 C here for a few days now. Is the remote sensor related to the driver side door removal? Anybody have a similiar problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: Remote Control Problems????? (baillieul)

I'm not sure about the cold, but my trunk release on the remote stopped working when I went skiiing this weekend. The remote still works to lock/unlock the car though. I wonder if the sensors can get covered over with salt or sand?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I replaced the battery[HR][/HR]​
How do you open the key up? How long should the battery last?

[Modified by rbenjami, 10:03 AM 2-7-2002]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Remote Control Problems????? (rbenjami)

The remote has a little slot in in where you can put in a small screwdriver and pry it apart. Then you open up the non switchblade part and replace the little ( but expensive ) batterys.

·
Registered
366 Posts

I've noticed that when its cold the range of my remote is considerable diminished. So maybe the cold affects the sensors. I'll check my bently tonight to find out where the sensors are located!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.