VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I use the remote start, it never saves the settings that I had previously used.

It is quite annoying as it is freezing here in NJ now and whenever I use thew remote start, the AC is always on, the heated seats are only at the second setting, the temperature is always lower than what I want, etc.

How do I save the settings so that it automatically is there when I do the remote start?

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Whenever I use the remote start, it never saves the settings that I had previously used.

It is quite annoying as it is freezing here in NJ now and whenever I use thew remote start, the AC is always on, the heated seats are only at the second setting, the temperature is always lower than what I want, etc.

How do I save the settings so that it automatically is there when I do the remote start?

Thanks
I was under the impression it checked sensors and set temos accordingly. It does that on our 2019 SEL. M

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts

Thanks
You can’t…easily anyway.
Read your manual and you will see that the auto start will set several things to pre-determined positions based on outside temperature at the time.

What you can do however is change those pre-determined settings but you need OBDeleven or VCDS to do it.

Cheers…
DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was under the impression it checked sensors and set temos accordingly. It does that on our 2019 SEL. M

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
That could be the case.

Hopefully someone can confirm but it does sound weird you cannot select the level of your heated seat or the temperature.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can’t…easily anyway.
Read your manual and you will see that the auto start will set things to pre-determined positions based on outside temperature at the time.

What you can do however is change those presettings but you need OBDeleven or VCDS to do it.

Cheers…
DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the confirmation.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Specific details found here:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·