VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I have a 2020 se-r line black. Love the car. Only option I wanted that it doesn’t have is remote start. If I buy the vw remote start and have it installed, will I be able to access it via the car net app? Or only on the key fob?

thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi Guys. I have a 2020 se-r line black. Love the car. Only option I wanted that it doesn’t have is remote start. If I buy the vw remote start and have it installed, will I be able to access it via the car net app? Or only on the key fob?

thanks!
Yes but it takes a few days to sort itself out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes but it takes a few days to sort itself out

Does this also give me options to set the climate remotely as well? Or is that another option? And do I need to get the “long range” remote start?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Does this also give me options to set the climate remotely as well? Or is that another option? And do I need to get the “long range” remote start?

That is just the extended range kit, which you don’t need because the app does the same thing. Just get the remote start kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts

thanks!
Hi, I just bought a 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line and I am getting extended range starter installed tomorrow. Did you have luck with yours working with your Car Net app? Its funny because the dealership was not helpful, 2 guys said yes it should work and one said it wont because it is not factory installed. It is very confusing. I guess I will learn more tomorrow but figured I would ask you since you were so recently discussing this. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi, I just bought a 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line and I am getting extended range starter installed tomorrow. Did you have luck with yours working with your Car Net app? Its funny because the dealership was not helpful, 2 guys said yes it should work and one said it wont because it is not factory installed. It is very confusing. I guess I will learn more tomorrow but figured I would ask you since you were so recently discussing this. Thanks in advance
Mine works but it took a week to sort itself out.

·
Registered
2021 VW Tiguan, R-Line Black (former owner of a 2004 VW Tourareg V8 - 1st model year in the US)
34 Posts
I just bought a 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line too. From what you all have written, it sounds like the Car Net app will allow me to remote start the car even though the Key FOB doesn't have that option. True? Also, is Car Net remote start actually free for the first 5 years as it says on this deal page? Is Volkswagen Car-Net® free? Exciting Car-Net® Relaunch News

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 2021 Tiguan SE R-Line too. From what you all have written, it sounds like the Car Net app will allow me to remote start the car even though the Key FOB doesn't have that option. True? Also, is Car Net remote start actually free for the first 5 years as it says on this deal page? Is Volkswagen Car-Net® free? Exciting Car-Net® Relaunch News
If you buy the extended range remote start from VW and have them install it, you can use the Carnet app to start your car. this is great because I hate etc fobs so I keep my fob in my house and use when I need to start in the morning and then when I am out if I need to start I use the app. Yes it is free for 5 years but features like incar Wifi and other things cost money. Service is great as well, you just hit button in your car and it connects you to a live person in seconds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a '19 Tig SEL-P (which I love) and want to get the remote start extender, but I have a serious issue with that - what other manufacturer has an extender for the remote start? I have to be closer than 50' from my vehicle for remote start to operate -- its great at home, but my car lives in the garage. my office building is huge and I have to walk almost all the way to my car for the remote start to function = whats the point? (also, I don;t want another remote on my keys)

As for CarNet -I REFUSE to pay $800/yr for CarNet for 2 reasons,

1) I bought my car in June, 2019, in September when the 2020 MY came out,VW is giving 5 years of CarNet for free;
2) I work in a secure building where cell phones aren't allowed, so I have to go to my car to get my phone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have a '19 Tig SEL-P (which I love) and want to get the remote start extender, but I have a serious issue with that - what other manufacturer has an extender for the remote start? I have to be closer than 50' from my vehicle for remote start to operate -- its great at home, but my car lives in the garage. my office building is huge and I have to walk almost all the way to my car for the remote start to function = whats the point? (also, I don;t want another remote on my keys)

1) I bought my car in June, 2019, in September when the 2020 MY came out,VW is giving 5 years of CarNet for free;
2) I work in a secure building where cell phones aren't allowed, so I have to go to my car to get my phone.
3) Remote start via CarNet is NOT available on MY19 and earlier. :(

·
Registered
3,580 Posts

Where do you get $800 from? The website lists $99 a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts