VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all is holding this thing IN?!?!?!

I've removed the 2 nuts holding on the lock, the lower left one, the upper left side one, and the top middle. The looks like there is one missing off of the lower right.
I can't see anymore, is there more that I don't know about? It comes out about 1/4 inch and then stops. It seems that something at the top is holding it in.
Anyone know?

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Re: Removal of plate tub on GTi? (GTi Punk)

i believe there is some glue as well. Try and heat up the edges a bit to try and soften up the adhesive...

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Re: Removal of plate tub on GTi? (HockeyDork)

My "tub" ha actually come loose, and I am planning on a fix in the near future. Was told that there are 6 bolts, and some plastic clips, which are prone to breaking.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Removal of plate tub on GTi? (Holographic77)

Okay. I have 5 bolts out (one was missing) so that makes it 6.
I don't know if it's glue holding it in because every edge moves and raises up. It just doesn't release.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Removal of plate tub on GTi? (Pimpy976)

Ok, I got it and it's fixed.
The bolt that comes out of the tub in the center was rubbing up against the hatch. With a little wiggling of the tub to the right and pushing the bolt to the left, the bolt will release.
Or in my case, the plastic clip will break.
Also, if you unscrew the lenses of the plate lights and pull the assemblies out the back, it make it a lot easier.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Removal of plate tub on GTi? (Pimpy976)

What's wrong with your trunk lock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts