VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Re: REMOVAL OF REAR SPOILER! (myemptymind)

Mine was two pieces and unscrews and unhook the brake light if you have a brake light in the spoiler. After you take the screws out and pull it off there will be goo all over the place that will take some time to clean off with goo gone.
You'll then need to plug the holes in the glass with something I dug little rubber plugs out of a parts car but I've seen silicone used to fill the holes as well.
Also, you could, if you have money unlike myself, buy a hole-less rear glass.

· Registered
1,147 Posts
Re: (myemptymind)

Quote, originally posted by myemptymind »
Is there a specific part to fill the holes in the glass left by the spoiler when its removed. I dont like the look of the silicone, and i cant find proper plugs.
Empty.

I don't beleive that there is. Like I said I rumaged around in a parts car til I found some interior rubber pieces that go to God knows what and popped those in....
Goo Gone, Crap Remover, WD-40, Weed killer, whatever just giving an example

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I used carriage bolts and some rubber grommets that I found a the local parts store. I bucked some length off of the stove bolts for better fitment, rattle canned them black and baked them in the oven for a few hours.
Edit: imageshack is being a biotch tonight

Modified by rph2004 at 6:11 AM 9-15-2005

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.