VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked my car in front of my new house and some truck passing by dropped some concrete or cement on the hood and roof.
When I noticed that it was not bird drop (did not come off after two thunderstorms) these drops are already rock solid and won't come off.

What can I do????

· Registered
604 Posts
Re: Remove concrete drop from paint?! (CBR*BUG)

i honestly dont know what to do... never dealt w/ cement. i would definately not chip it off. take it to a detail store and or the dealership ask them what can be done to fix it. sry bro that sux.
make sure to shop around. once u find out what u need to do make sure u get the best price for the work that needs to be done. dont forget quality vs prices tho.

Modified by jetta4life04 at 7:23 AM 7-13-2003

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Remove concrete drop from paint?! (jetta4life04)

I have had to remove cement from a contractor's truck before. If it is fairly fresh, lacquer thinner will remove it with some time and patience. If you use one spot of the towel for too long, the concrete will begin to scratch. I think the best thing to do is soak the deposit with the thinner and work it off the best you can. As long as you do not place deep scratches, you should be okay. If the scratching is minor, you should be able to compound it out. Other than that, I don't have any expert advice, other than to wax any time you use lacquer thinner on your paint. And do not put the LT on any painted plastics, ie your bumper. It will strip the paint... happened on the fender flares on a 2002 4Runner. Not a pretty sight.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: Remove concrete drop from paint?! (BRM10984)

Was this "removal" process done on a vehicle with a clear that was produced in the last 10 years, on on a big truck with Imron?
Was this removal done a vehicle you own and have been able to observe the clear since you used lacquer thinner or any other paint reducer?
Very curious as to what you may have observed.
Ketch

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Remove concrete drop from paint?! (ketch)

Yep, I have seen it numerous times since lacquer thinner was used. It is a 2001-ish GMC Sierra, white in color. It doesn't appear to be any different where the thinner was used versus where it wasn't. It has been over six months since the procedure took place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.