VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about removing my rear seat and customizing a bit, making a speaker box in place of it. Do you think this will considerable help my speed?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Removed back seat? (Sure)

I was impressed out how dinky the backseat of my GLI is when I pulled it out last weekend looking for a place to mount my amp. I don't think it will make you any faster cus its just a bunch of rubbery foam, a few peices of steel rod and some thin cloth... it doesn't weigh all that much And then if you fill it up with sound equipment and heavy speaker cabinets and stuff. Although, you won't have to worry about carrying more than 1 passanger at a time, that'll cut down your weight 4sure.

[Modified by GetOuttaMyWay, 2:39 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
41,531 Posts
Re: Removed back seat? (Sure)

off to General VW

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Re: Removed back seat? (mk2jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]remove the back seat but don't do ice, go for the motorsport look[HR][/HR]​
Like this?

My friends mk2 ready for some dragracing

·
Banned
3,321 Posts
Re: Removed back seat? (gorilla800lbs)

quote:[HR][/HR]Vandals![HR][/HR]​
lol blitz got robbed, probably after someone saw him f*ckin his julia

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Removed back seat? (Blitz16v)

thanks guys, I will post pics when I'm done (will wait til christmas to do the speakers, i'll take the seats out today)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Re: Removed back seat? (Neo)

quote:[HR][/HR]remove the back seat but don't do ice, go for the motorsport look
Like this?

My friends mk2 ready for some dragracing [HR][/HR]​

hahaha I like the helmet..nice touch..drive on the street. sitting at a stoplight next to a civic...just put the helmet on and race

·
Registered
353 Posts
Re: Removed back seat? (Neo)

quote:[HR][/HR]

My friends mk2 ready for some dragracing [HR][/HR]​
He's ready for some vacuuming!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.