VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm getting my car resprayed hopefully next week and I'm removing all the exterior trim I can prior to going in, to reduce the final bill.
Anyways, I've got no problem with most of the stuff.. I just need some tips on how to remove the moulding around the glass, and the moulding on the roof. I think it's possible for me to remove the moulding around the side windows, I just want some tips. What about the moulding that goes front to back along the roof? I assume that it just pops out to facilitate roof racks, and the windshield does not have to come out. Is this correct? Also the moulding directly above the windshield. I'm not too hopeful that this can come off without taking the windshield out.
I want to do this right, but if I can leave the windshield in I will. I don't think I care enough to remove the antenna, so it will get masked.
Here's a lousy pic of one reason why I'm getting some work done:

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Just pull the roof moldings off. You'll break the clips but just get some more from the dealer. Get about 20 to cover yourself. They're cheap. Thats all I replaced when I got my car sprayed. All the windows can stay. They did pull my front window guides off and bent one which I had to replace. Other than that it went well. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.