VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna remove my rear wiper sometime soon, but I need a plug to cover the hole...I went to home depot asking if they had rubber plugs but they said no, so where could I get one like Slapshotnerd had? Help me if ya can, thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Re: Removing the rear wiper...where can I get a plug!? (VW THUNDER)

go to an A2 and take the gromit that is meant to adjust the side mirrors.
its a little plastic cap lookin thing.
use the stock rubber washer o-ring and wiggle the cap into there.
its a little too small to just use the cap without that o-ring.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Removing the rear wiper...where can I get a plug!? (SuckaFree)

Ok...hmm...will this sit kinda flat on the hatch of my car...cuz i don't want something that sticks out kinda far and looks dumb. And u say use the stock O-ring...do u mean off of my car or off of the A2?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts

use the o-ring thats on your car now, keep it on there and just squeeze the plastic piece (from the mkII) into it. i needed to use wd40 to help, its a tight fit. Also, i need the plastic piece too (i stole one off my fiances' cabby!!!! now she wants it back)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Removing the rear wiper...where can I get a plug!? (rt30000)

OK, so where can I obtain one of these side-view mirror adjustment knobs from an A2? Would a dealer have something like that? Does anyone have an extra that I could buy from them?

·
Registered
5,850 Posts

if u can go to a junkyard, just take one while they arent looking,
otherwise a dealer should have it, should be like 75 cents but may take a few days because they probably dont have it in stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.