VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I’m considering grabbing the Remus sport/race cat back exhaust. I really dont want to change the downpipe as that voids the warranty… anyone get these exhausts on While avoiding warrant removal?

I was told by a vw mechanic that if I’m changing the exhaust I gotta do whatever it takes to not let any error codes show up and then I’ll be good. How do I go about doing that?

· Registered
13 Posts
By Error codes, he meant not replace the downpipe which has cats and gpf, sensors are also in place in case they’re removed will show a Check engine light.

As long as you install a gpf/ppf back exhaust then you should be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Vendor
25 Posts
Hey y’all, I’m considering grabbing the Remus sport/race cat back exhaust. I really dont want to change the downpipe as that voids the warranty… anyone get these exhausts on While avoiding warrant removal?

I was told by a vw mechanic that if I’m changing the exhaust I gotta do whatever it takes to not let any error codes show up and then I’ll be good. How do I go about doing that?
Cat-back exhaust systems shouldn't cause any codes.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What other options have you considered? I am ready to pull the trigger on a new exhaust as well, but am so unsure I am at a stand still. Any responses from others would be appreciated as well.
Miltek for me atleast just feels a lil too much. Too much going on and will definitely wake up the neighbourhood. Remus felt like a more mature sound to me. Sounds loud but not miltek loud lol. I saw someone with an invidia exhaust in an mk8, not sure if you can actually buy this exhaust tho but that’s one I’d consider as well.

· Registered
7 Posts
The tuner that did my Stage 1+ has been pushing Milltek. I mentioned Armytrix and he said there have been issues with the fitment. I am not sure if he is steering me in the direction that is best for him, or these concerns are legit. This is his response. I also let him know that I'd eventually be going Stage 2 so I wanted to price out some clutch options also.

"Hey Jason. Honestly we are not found of armytrix. Everyone we have installed has had fitment issues. We prefer not to install them do to the constant adjustment we have to make over and over again. Milltek is the preferred system for that car. As for a stage 2 I have to check if it’s ready yet. I don’t believe they have finished it."

Any suggestions are welcome. I am not married to the Armytrix product at all.

13,467 Posts
The tuner that did my Stage 1+ has been pushing Milltek. I mentioned Armytrix and he said there have been issues with the fitment. I am not sure if he is steering me in the direction that is best for him, or these concerns are legit. This is his response. I also let him know that I'd eventually be going Stage 2 so I wanted to price out some clutch options also.

"Hey Jason. Honestly we are not found of armytrix. Everyone we have installed has had fitment issues. We prefer not to install them do to the constant adjustment we have to make over and over again. Milltek is the preferred system for that car. As for a stage 2 I have to check if it’s ready yet. I don’t believe they have finished it."

Any suggestions are welcome. I am not married to the Armytrix product at all.

I have not heard about fitment issues with the Armytrix. You should pick the exhaust based on sound.
Armytrix and Milltek are very different.

Armytrix is high pitched, loud and aggressive
Milltek is more balanced and daily driver friendly with a deeper mid-range tone.

· Registered
594 Posts
You can’t go wrong with the Remus. We had/have tons of MK7 and MK7.5 Golf Rs in our Vancouver R Club with aftermarket exhausts and the general consensus is that Remus and AWE are the best sounding (and best overall quality/fit and finish).

No concerns with warranty if just changing the cat back. Get the non-resonated mid pipe option if you want spicier DSG farts and a louder experience overall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts