VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You might remember Theophilus Chin from previous render posts we've made. Chin posts his work on his blog (linked below) and even publishes some in major magazines. One of his latest creations is the above very mildly facelifted 2011 A3 Sportback converted to theoretical allroad spec.

So what do we think?
It's a cool idea of an interesting production variant of the A3. However, the A3 is nearing the end of its production cycle and it is too late for consideration this time around. That's not to say Audi wouldn't consider an allroad option for the next-gen MQB-based A3 but that will be several years.

As for the renders, Chin is always good for great detail work. These are no different, though we'd suggest he also go for the bar-less chrome grille found on A4 and A6 allroads.

See more angles after the jump. Thanks Theophilus Chin (via Twitter) for the tip.

Full Story

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
It was only time until someone renders the idea- thought about it myself (only that i dont have quattro).
But it may seem redundant if Audi is actually planning to release the Q3.
Nice rendering though! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Does this mean I can slap an "allroad" badge on my quattro and not have to get coilovers:laugh:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I am off to a good start, I already have the wheels, led drl's, and the chrome surrounds on the fog lights:beer:

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
George -

I know I keep hammering on this, but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the 2012 A3 release plans. Have you heard anything about release timing?

From what I'm hearing, it sounds like a spring, 2011 announcement for autumn 2011 sale (Europe). Does that jive with what's on your radar?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts