VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove from New Jersey to Maryland on Saturday to visit a good friend of mine whom I have not seen in 20 years. Rented a new Audi A6 from Enterprise and took off.

The minute I got in the car I was frowning.

1. Seats were WAY too firm! God, are they teying to give me back problems?!
2. The touch screen was NOT touchable. I had to press everything kind of hard. It eas annoying.
3. The driver's armrest was so far over, I had to lean over to put my arm on it, which I couldn't. What? Is the car made for NFL linebackers?
4. Dynamic mode was more like dead mode.
5. Brakes were lousy! Took it up to 120 on Route 97 and they were lousy. Better brakes please!

Porsche no. 1
MB/BMW tie for 2nd
Volkswagen no. 3
Audi dead last in Germanville. Wouldn't buy one. Time for improvements Audi.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Well, I mean, it's a base model.

But yeah the armrest position has been terrible for a long time. My 95's arm rest is also too far over, and I don't get it. I'm pretty average in height/width/weight and it just doesn't seem comfy at all in my C4 chassis. Surprised they haven't fixed it 25 years later.

·
Registered
12,264 Posts
great post! 0% chance i'd read anything from you again.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
great post! 0% chance i'd read anything from you again.
On my phone but is this the angry dude who determines his self worth by his RS3's quarter mile times?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I read this brand new post. I'm very disappointed in the quality of the post.

·
Registered
14,825 Posts
Really?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I've been frowning since I first entered this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
So I drove from New Jersey to Maryland on Saturday to visit a good friend of mine whom I have not seen in 20 years. Rented a new Audi A6 from Enterprise and took off.

The minute I got in the car I was frowning.

1. Seats were WAY too firm! God, are they teying to give me back problems?!
2. The touch screen was NOT touchable. I had to press everything kind of hard. It eas annoying.
3. The driver's armrest was so far over, I had to lean over to put my arm on it, which I couldn't. What? Is the car made for NFL linebackers?
4. Dynamic mode was more like dead mode.
5. Brakes were lousy! Took it up to 120 on Route 97 and they were lousy. Better brakes please!

Porsche no. 1
MB/BMW tie for 2nd
Volkswagen no. 3
Audi dead last in Germanville. Wouldn't buy one. Time for improvements Audi.
The A6 is a big car. The armrests will be far from the seat. My Charger is the same. I can't comfortably rest my arm on the door, like I did in my little ATS, but I can use the armrests.
My seats are way too soft.
Dynamic mode can be programmed to what you want.
Brakes are good, even though they are only base brakes.

It sounds to me, like you need a Charger and not an Audi.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts