VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Replaced steering wheel, now no ACC & airbag light on

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Ecsta 
#1 ·
Replaced my steering wheel with a new carbon piece. Disconnected battery, removed air bag, trim etc. Reinstalled everything properly, reconnected battery. Got the usual list of errors that went away after a short drive. However I still have the airbag light on and "ACC / Front End Assist not available" message. Do I need VCDS to reset this?

Thanks in advance.
TVL

#2 ·
You pulled the trim off the OEM wheel and installed on the new one? The buttons that came on my aftermarket steering wheel did not match. So I had to pull the trim off the OEM steering wheel.

Had to also cycle the ignition a couple times and go for a drive to get all of the warning lights to reset.

#5 ·
Weird. I know anytime you disconnect the battery the car lights up like a Christmas tree, but usually turning the wheel full lock to full lock (ie as far left as it will go following by turning as far right as it will go) and a short drive clears them all. Did you try clearing all faults already with an OBD11/VCDS?

When I swapped my wheel I didn't disconnect the battery. Just turned it off, waited until it went to sleep, then swapped everything. When I did my dsg service and had the battery disconnected, when I reconnected I got the Christmas lights that went away after full lock turn and a short drive. No need to use OBD11/VCDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.