VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
The mk3.75
20,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. I know this is a long shot, but here goes…

About a decade ago, I installed the Eurospec Sport 11" rear brake upgrade kit on my car. It's still functioning just fine, but I can see the increasing wear on the rotors, and want to line up a replacement pair, just in case.

I know Eurospec Sport went out of business a long time ago. But it seems Bahn Brenner is now selling the same kit under their own name. I've sent them a message asking about replacement rotors, but so far no response. I'm definitely not gonna pay $400 just for two rear rotors. I've got customer accounts at a number of retail auto parts chains, so ideally I'd source them locally.

Anyone wanna help me source these puppies? Any insight into what make/model these rotors come from? They're 11" solid cast, drilled and slotted, but I'll be plenty happy with out the slots and drills. Think I recall (a million years ago) someone saying they were from a Dodge Caravan ersumthin…but not sure if that was just conjecture.
Wheel Automotive tire Rim Circle Auto part

·
Registered
The mk3.75
20,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy ****, talk about a blast from the past!
Ayyyy!!! Good to see a familiar face! You’d be a little sad to see the state the mk3.75 is in after all these years. She’s a little rough around the edges, but still runs like a top. Getting her ready for CA smog after 5+ years of gathering dust.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My friend currently has the same problem. He bought a 400whp Big Turbo ''Fake'' R32 (Fake because in reality it's a MK4 GTI but with all the genuine R32 parts to make it look like an R32).
Car was built over a decade ago, PagParts GT3071R with their Billet Wheel and Bottom mount Turbo setup. Also has an ABD Intake Manifold. Yeah, those aren't made anymore.

For his brake setup he has the ECS Tuning Big Brake Kit Slotted and Drilled 2 piece rotors for the rear. Living in Europe the closest option is importing from the UK, needless to say he's not happy to pay 900 USD for rotors LOL

11 inches is equivalent to 279mm. I found these 280mm slotted and drilled 5x100 rotors on eBay. Claim to be for MK4 Golf. I don't know the thickness

·
Registered
The mk3.75
20,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey that’s great! The seller even lists a manufacturer’s part number (EBR612XPR), which corresponds to this Power Stop product. But it doesn’t seem to be a slam dunk, because while those look like the right ones, they’re a 5x110 Saab bolt pattern, plus they’re 286mm (11.26”). So, that can’t be right. But I do feel like I’m almost on the right track.

I’m gonna take my existing rotors off tomorrow, and make sure they’re not also 286mm. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Hey that’s great! The seller even lists a manufacturer’s part number (EBR612XPR), which corresponds to this Power Stop product. But it doesn’t seem to be a slam dunk, because while those look like the right ones, they’re a 5x110 Saab bolt pattern, plus they’re 286mm (11.26”). So, that can’t be right. But I do feel like I’m almost on the right track.

I’m gonna take my existing rotors off tomorrow, and make sure they’re not also 286mm. Thanks for the tip!
Bruh, you're joking! LOL

Ok, spent some time surfing. Came across an old thread I was viewing when considering going BBK. It contains all the brake calipers and brake rotors information for all MK4 golf and VAG cars from that era.

According to said thread; MK4 Golf 2.slow, MK1 Audi A3 1.6, VAG TDI 115, VAG TDI 110, VAG TDI 100 & VAG TDI 90 all have 280mm rotors! 280mm rotors and 22mm thickness vented rotors. (Idk what thickness rotors you're after)

After using EBC Brakes Part Finder, using a 2.slow MK4 in the search bar, and yup! 280mm diameter.

So, a MK4 Golf 2.slow (best to search for 2.0 discs in US since you never got the MK1 Audi A3) front rotors are 280mm in diameter with 22mm in thickness with 5x100 PCD...

Best bet would be finding drilled/slotted rotors for a 2.0 MK4 Golf

Could this be what you're searching for???

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I think I know what you mean. When laying the rotor on the floor you mean to say that the ''height'' of the Rear rotor is higher than the Front rotor, completely true.

Forgot about that...

·
Registered
The mk3.75
20,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Best bet would be finding drilled/slotted rotors for a 2.0 MK4 Golf

Could this be what you're searching for???
Sorry man, I appreciate all the work you’ve put into this, but sadly that’s not the right tree you’re barking up. Look closely at the eBay rotors you first posted. Those (seem to) exactly match what I’ve got: they are a solid rotor, not vented. They were not intended to be a front rotor on any application.

Putang: <disregard, I read you wrong>

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Sorry man, I appreciate all the work you’ve put into this, but sadly that’s not the right tree you’re barking up. Look closely at the eBay rotors you first posted. Those (seem to) exactly match what I’ve got: they are a solid rotor, not vented. They were not intended to be a front rotor on any application.

Putang: <disregard, I read you wrong>
sadness

1 - 11 of 11 Posts