VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD GASKET/SEAL (lpbudV)

when i had the windshield replaced on my 4runner, the original gasket had a gap similar to the vw... after they installed the new windshield, the new gasket had a piece of rubber that covered the gap. my point is i want the gap exposed like the original. has anyone replaced their windshield and still had the gap exposed?

· Registered
4,309 Posts
Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD GASKET/SEAL (vwdisco)

Quote, originally posted by vwdisco »
when i had the windshield replaced on my 4runner, the original gasket had a gap similar to the vw... after they installed the new windshield, the new gasket had a piece of rubber that covered the gap. my point is i want the gap exposed like the original. has anyone replaced their windshield and still had the gap exposed?

yes...isnt that what you have?
and yes, i had my windsheild replaced and it looked facotry, so it had that little gap.

· Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD GASKET/SEAL (Superbleeder)

I had my windsheild replaced in my 03 VR6 and I thought there was a top gasket before they changed it, and I was scared they forgot it when they put the new one in... but it doesn't leak or anything.

· Registered
13,345 Posts
slightly off topic, but the window seals for the back windows in my GTI are cracking, how hard would it be to replace them? I am assuming the shop would have to take the windows clean off, and I think they are basically bonded in, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.