VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace the rear window wiper motor in my '95 Corrado. At first it seems very easy, but when you try to extract it once you have removed all the attaching hardware, the rear spoiler mechanism doesn't allow you to pull it out. Does anyone know what's the cleanest way to put out the motor without dismantling everything in the back?

Thanks in advace...

· Registered
2,053 Posts
I cant help you with the issue at hand. However I can give a little heads up. The motor back there gets very warm and in some cases has started fires in the back of corrados by igniting the insulation back there. while you are back there its a good idea to remove that insulation.

· Registered
09 CC 3.6 4mo, 98 DE Leftover car, 90 Corrado, 78 Triumph Spitfire
13,280 Posts
I cant help you with the issue at hand. However I can give a little heads up. The motor back there gets very warm and in some cases has started fires in the back of corrados by igniting the insulation back there. while you are back there its a good idea to remove that insulation.
I have yet to see any insulation in the hatch of a Corrado. :confused: And I have been around these cars for a while. Nor a fire in that part of the car.

Probably having trouble maneuvering the motor around the spoiler motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.