VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have about 22k miles on my vr6t. i'm running a gt35r with 60# tune. i just wanted to know what's involved in upgrading the rods? (any rod recommendations?) would the whole head have to come off or just the oil pan. would i need anything else to be upgraded since i only have 22k miles like rod/main bearings, arp rod bolts

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
vr6 rods are strong enough as it is. im ade close to 550whp with bad signs. people have made well over 600whp and 500tq. and if you were to do rods, yes you need to take the head off. cause you pull the pistons from the the top of the block.

·
Registered
13,490 Posts
Re: (Norwegian-VR6)

Quote, originally posted by Norwegian-VR6 »
Woessner and Pauter are big rod names.
If I could choose one more time, I would have chosen Woessner.

vs Pauter?
Pauter is the only VR6 rod I would ever purchase.You buy a dinky brand name VR6 rod and there goes your $10,000US+ investment.

·
Registered
13,490 Posts
Re: (Norwegian-VR6)

Quote, originally posted by Norwegian-VR6 »
A bad tune, will brake anything.
Anyone that have had issue's with forged rods on VR6 Turbo?

I doubt but we will discuss that another time.Reality is for the investment you make into a VR6,connecting rods should be the last place you seek out a deal.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (Wizard-of-OD)

integrated engineering has some
prices on rods aswell. anyone experiance these. would i need to replace the piston rings and touch up on the bore since i'm pulling everything out?

·
Registered
503 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Wizard-of-OD »

vs Pauter?
Pauter is the only VR6 rod I would ever purchase.You buy a dinky brand name VR6 rod and there goes your $10,000US+ investment.

have you worked with the wossner rods before?

·
Registered
2,562 Posts

Just curious what people's thoughts are on Skat con. rods for a 1.8T? Just figured I'd toss out this question in here, I can't imagine this hasn't already been answered but I really don't feel like battling with the search right now. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: (xblueinsanityx)

Quote, originally posted by xblueinsanityx »

have you worked with the wossner rods before?

i've seen these rods on bildon motorsport but no prices

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Re: (xblueinsanityx)

I thought that the key to differentiating between rods was by assessing which foundry they came from. b/c the quality of the alloy is really the real differentiator, given they all have the same design.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong

Modified by pOrKcHoP bOy at 12:08 PM 1-11-2009

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Re: (pOrKcHoP bOy)

The pauters are a totally different design, that IMHO is far weaker per unit weight. The Wossners are the exact same design as the Integrated Engineering rods, and I know pete doesnt have them built from garbage. Plus he sells them for a good price.
IE rods are the only one's I'd consider putting in my car.

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Re: (PhReE)

Quote, originally posted by PhReE »
The pauters are a totally different design, that IMHO is far weaker per unit weight. The Wossners are the exact same design as the Integrated Engineering rods, and I know pete doesnt have them built from garbage. Plus he sells them for a good price.
IE rods are the only one's I'd consider putting in my car.

arent those just knock off rods that are built by a generic foundry in china?
p.s. the pauters in my car have held over 750hp, how many of the IE rods can make that claim?

·
Registered
20,415 Posts
Re: (pOrKcHoP bOy)

Quote, originally posted by pOrKcHoP bOy »
I thought that the key to differentiating between rods was by assessing which foundry they came from. b/c the quality of the alloy is really the real differentiator, given they all have the same design.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong

you're correct. its not the mold or design that causes failure, its generally from contaminated fill.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Re: (TBT-Syncro)

thought about it.. I'm sticking to a name thats tried and tested and works... Pauter http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 19 of 19 Posts