VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to replace to do a TT 266 cam? Any other cams that are good for the money. I don't want to spend a fortune on cams when I will probably be replacing the motor within a year or so...
Sorry this if for a '98 2.0

[Modified by NSKGTI23, 5:45 PM 2-13-2002]

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Re: Replacing the Cam? (NSKGTI23)

Pop the head of, install new bearings and seal if applicable and throw new cam in, I'd suggest getting a cam gear as well.....Go for the 276

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Replacing the Cam? (Ghetto-8v)

I don't want to go bigger than 266 because of the CE light. I was under the impression that when I moved to a 266 on a '98 (OBDII) engine I had to swap the lifters and valve springs... Is this true?
quote:[HR][/HR]Pop the head of, install new bearings and seal if applicable and throw new cam in, I'd suggest getting a cam gear as well.....Go for the 276
[HR][/HR]​

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Re: Replacing the Cam? (NSKGTI23)

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't want to go bigger than 266 because of the CE light. I was under the impression that when I moved to a 266 on a '98 (OBDII) engine I had to swap the lifters and valve springs... Is this true?
Pop the head of, install new bearings and seal if applicable and throw new cam in, I'd suggest getting a cam gear as well.....Go for the 276
[HR][/HR]​
Yeas you need the hd valve springs. Look at a 268 since my friends check engine light is nearly always on, he runs a giac 266, and a tt 268 cam.
BTW we should hook up some day, do you have my cell? I can get 2 gti's on a moments notice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts