VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aren't there a few guys out there w/ cams? have we heard from them? any dynos or atleast butt dyno impressions?
i feel like ive been waiting forever to hear about these

· Registered
1,697 Posts
Re: (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »
Those dynos indicate GIAC software, but I doubt the software was optimized for the cams. Garrett can usually get a decent amount of power with a custom cam chip.

How does that work? you have to take your car to them and leave it for them to tweak the settings? just curious how this all works..

· Registered
1,627 Posts
Re: reports from ppl w/ cams? (TXBDan)

Robocopywriter in Socal has a set of the Shrick cams and is going to install them soon. I beleive he's going with a custom Revo program.
Hopefully we'll hear from him on the project.

· Registered
13,398 Posts
Re: (justinfl)

Quote, originally posted by justinfl »

How does that work? you have to take your car to them and leave it for them to tweak the settings? just curious how this all works..

Basically, yes. It's up to GIAC (or any other tuner) whether they want to develop software for the Schrick cams. Someone would have to be the test mule... Until that happens, we'll have zippo.

· Registered
1,697 Posts
Re: (Max Rebo)

Quote, originally posted by Max Rebo »

Basically, yes. It's up to GIAC (or any other tuner) whether they want to develop software for the Schrick cams. Someone would have to be the test mule... Until that happens, we'll have zippo.

Hmmm, I'll be the test mule if some one wants to do the tuning part for free..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.