VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
it got cold here and now it always says "tire pressure to low" even though it is fine, and also TIME FOR SERVICE when i click the reset button
how can i get rid of these messages in the display?
thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same problem here.
I filled all 4 tires and spare to 36 (according to the specs on door frame) and the "tire pressure too low" message is still there (after driving 80 miles).
I also have the "service now" message (at 15K), which I think was set when the dealer changed the oil (at 10K).

·
Registered
78 Posts
i had that same tire pressure problem. i filled the tire but i kept getting the message. a few days later i decided to look at the tire a lot more closely and i saw it had a nail in it and the tire pressure was back down to 20s after putting it to 35. you should definitely take a close look at all your tires.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Re: (gibhunter)

Quote, originally posted by gibhunter »
Set it to 40 PSi. 36 is minimum. Tires are usually rated up to 50psi.

Not this. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: resetting the message (trock8501)

Quote, originally posted by trock8501 »
Hi Guys
it got cold here and now it always says "tire pressure to low" even though it is fine, and also TIME FOR SERVICE when i click the reset button
how can i get rid of these messages in the display?
thanks

I haven't had trouble with the pressure message, so can't really provide any advice other than double-checking the tire pressures, including the spare.
The procedure to reset the "Time For Service" is in this thread.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...ostid
There are several different descriptions for the procedure, I can't remember which one I used to successfully reset the message, but the correct procedure is in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.