VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im looking to respray the whole car. Not looking to change the color, just repaint it. Am I correct in stating that i can use almost any automotive paint its just the color code that needs to be matched? Its the basic black not BMP. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
By “any automotive paint”, do you mean the brand? Any paint company has at least a few different paint systems which will range from premium to economy, solvent or waterborne. Any of them will give you a decent finish. The higher-priced products will be more durable.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i'm referring to brand, ppg etc.. The performance level to price comparison makes sense. Anything extra to consider in the engine bay/firewall area? Is there a special additive to use on the plastic bumper covers to give it coating added flexability?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some systems require a flex agent for the bumpers, some don’t. Unless it’s a show car that’s going to get bodywork under the hood, you should separately mix underhood paint per your chosen paint system’s procedures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts