VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

This is my first post on this forum. I have just commenced a full restoration of a 1967 1200 TT. I will post some photos of the car very soon. Its a right hand drive car however I don't know much history about the car.

I bought the car in bits and as usual I am missing a few parts. One item I am having trouble tracking down is the tacho. Its a VDO 60mm round one that sits to the left of the large speedo. Does anyone know where I can get one from?

I'm working my way through all the other parts so its a bit hard to tell if I have everything else.

Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ross

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure if I can add photos yet, do I have to have a certain number of posts to insert images?

Another part I am missing is the pipe that connects the two air cleaners and goes out to the side vent.

I guess I could make one but I would need some good photos to copy.

Thanks

Ross

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still don't seem to be able to load photos from my computer.

So until I can, a description will have to do. So far the car has been completely stripped down and the shell has been stripped to bare metal.

This has uncovered a few rust issues so I have sourced some repair panels from Autoteile and am awaiting their arrival.

Today I am spraying the shell with a 2k Epoxy primer.

Ross

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There doesn't seem to be much activity on this forum. Is there a reason for that? Should I be posting in another language? Is there another forum that is more suitable?

Ross

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.