VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I find the stock wheels to be pretty ugly, so I ended up getting a set of Rial Como 16x7s. I had a shop swap the stock tires onto them and I barely noticed a difference in efficiency after driving for about 1,500 miles on them. I later bought a new set of Pirelli Cinturato P7s for the Rial wheels and then noticed around an 8% loss in efficiency with those on the e-Golf. I'm hoping this will gradually get back to my normal range as the new tires wear down a bit.
Anyways, thought this might be interesting. I assume the stock wheels provide some benefit to efficiency but in my case it seems like the tires make much more of a difference...

They aren't the greatest looking wheels, but much better than stock in my opinion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do you like the P7 Cintaros?

I have them on a Volvo and love them. Quiet, smooth riding, and low impact harshness.

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Your eGolf definitely looks better than stock!

I recently mounted my 19" wheels from my '05 Avant from back in the day. First thing I noticed was the increase in tire road noise. Without an engine masking the tire road noise, in the eGolf it was very loud! My commute is 8 miles each way, so I'm not worried about the hit in range. I had these wheels laying around so I thought why not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think the larger wheels will have more noise in general. After driving on my wheels and new tires for a bit I am getting close to the same range as with the stock setup. Maybe .3mpkwh less.
And thanks, yours looks much better than stock, too. Hopefully they can make some low-drag wheels that actually still look OK.
If you happen to find out what difference the wheels make to your range, let us know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't care what it does to my range, I am getting (VERY lightweight) 19x8 TSW Holeshot in gunmetal.

Photochop I did. Not an e golf but my color, limestone grey:

To me, looks AMAZING and I simply cannot wait to spend my CA rebate on this lol. Will lower too obviously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts