VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Ah ha. Duly noted and maybe I can part out this o2m tranny and axles to offset some pistons then. I’m going to pull the block and tranny sometime after the weather cools off and rework it. I also have a nice clutch kit for the o2m tranny if anyone is interested. Tranny, axles, clutch kit with SMF and will cut a deal….

As for the stock midpipe back it is a 55mm OD. So maybe 2” ID more or less. Seems significantly restricted especially catted and stock mufflers x3. Next round of modding will be either a 2.5 or 3” into possibly a Flowmaster super/delta 44 or 70 with the dual outlets and then out the back.
Go for a hood exit exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
I found a used one on fleaBay for $55 shipped. I had been looking off and on but they are a lot of mislabeled taillights for the b6 and searches show the same wrong ones. So I looked it all over and found a printed on number covered up by a sticker, searched that number and lo and behold 4-5 popped up that I hadn't seen before and specifically stated Avant and had matching numbers as well as the light housing. My light housing now works but is severely corroded to the point one bulb won't come out without a fair amount of work. I used a hot solder iron to place some of the races back down where they had come loose also.
That’s good! Very hard to cross reference P/N properly and make sure they are correct from online sources.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.