VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
Where in"west" Texas? What route do you take?

If you're ever in the lampasas/lometa area, hit me up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
You stay on 20, you're a couple hours north of me traveling. That's a tornado alley drive lol

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
replace oil pump, run break in oil in it, not synthetic, run a tight plug gap, make sure you use distilled water not tap. the 20v loves distilled( it is the correct way anyway).

but def switch the head.

I had a bunch of passat/a4 like that at the dealer, it took dozens of flushes to get all the muck out of the block and the radiator had to be replaced everytime if it got in the cooling system. Oil cooler can be destroyed also, it can't take the expansion of the muck and will mix coolant/oil also.

lastly, go ignitron. if you want a maestro setup, i have a few to sell, as i have been switching my customers to ignitron. i've been ignitron for over a year, it's incredible. sorry i'm rambling, crazy tired.

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
I can tune anything man, I do it for a living I used to have my own dyno(might be getting either actually).

I can give you a commuter file for daily driving, then you push your traction control button and you've got a fun sauce on the menu.

I can do anything you want with ignitron. I'm currently doing full flex fuel on 3 cars, one of which will have 87 as it's base file and full e85 as is max, multiple boost profiles to change on the fly as well that integrate with the flex fuel. A lot of work on my end, but it will be pretty sweet.

A matron plugs right in and on the ME 7.5 system can pretty much do anything you desire. You can add in so much stuff that it's not even funny. A highly recommended getting it with the 4 bar map sensor and tossing that in immediately,and just run alphaN for the time being, but eventually set it up to go full true speed density.

It's an investment that makes maestro look like child play. Funny enough, I'm doing an update tune for a mk2 syncro jetta that is big turbo 1.8t in Canada on maestro. Hoping he'll make the such next year. But, know this they just came back into sick so think fast, cos they go fast and it tastes time to make new ones.

Pics::

My last AlphaN file on my personal car(did it to show its insanely capable)

Maestro alphaN and it's meager offering.

Both showing it's logging interface. Maestro is only that, you can watch over 300 channels with ignitron. At far far greater suited and resolution. You can setup autolog and just pull out off street a drive if you don't want a tablet or laptop in the car, etc. And in barely even scratching the surface with this. In fact, I should make a video and post in here.

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
It's a secured messaging app. You can send documents, files, HD video and picture, secured texting and calling, etc.

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
I highly suggest getting rid of multi bolt downs on the exhaust and switch to vbands or slip over clamps. So much easier to deal with.

·
Registered
23,608 Posts
I run longer studs on everything.

Lower compression is loss of power period, unless you have a very very large turbo and 40psi+. You will see loses across the entire curve with 8.5:1.
9.5:1 you will see big torque gains per psi, especially under the curve therefore making drive-ability day to day much easier. Management,whether it be reflash on oem ecu or standalone are far far advanced from the 80's when lower compression was used to fight knock because they couldn't tune ignition well if at all.

The added benefits of using something like Ignitron, I can tune a commuter file for you on the fuel, with lowered boost and so on. But,you will need to empty the tank and run nearly half a tank of 93, before you fill up and want to run a 93 file. The actual cost savings might not be what you expect due to the lowered octane and lowered compression, you will need more fuel and boost to make stock like power due to the timing being so conservative due to the fuel.

Alot fo people doing reflash tuning will probably say no due to the lowered octane and compression combination, so be very careful of their experience level. This is wear having ignitron and flexfuel sensor would be awesome. tune for 87, tune for full E85, flex fuel blends the two and you could see interesting results.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.