VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ever since I bought my R I wanted projectors, and now this is my weekend project. I got a set of free headlights off my friends GTI so it made the build a lot cheaper, total spent right now is $400, cant wait to have them on the car.

So this is what I will be using
Pair of Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon projectors
IRIS Shroud
Morimoto Ballast
Morimoto bulbs: H1 5000k
Glass lenses
2001 GTI Headlights W/Fogs (drive side broken got a second set)
Gofl Headlight WO/Fogs retro fitted fog (Driver side again Broke out of stupidity page 2 to see how)

Found a 3ed set

wish me luck

Thanks to Volktuning and xenondesigncreations for all the parts and quick shipping and great prices

They are now finished !

Projectors mounted

Went for the 20th look

the Backs

hidden HID ballast

On the car

For 2013 Iv updated them a bit. Took the fogs out because they will now be in the lower grills and added dual turns and repainted the shrouds black magic pearl, Also painted the back cap along with better sealing it. Pics on the car once its gets warmer

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
i think im going to do a set myself. Im having Rogers retrofits fab up a set for my F350 and dont feel like paying him for both vehicles haha

In to see the results.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Make sure that you test the headlights before you seal up the glass. Meaning you fire them up and make sure that the projectors are sitting in the housing properly and that the pattern is correct. Just my $0.02 cents.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts