VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
690 Posts
Re: rev limiter (Euro Flavor)

maybe even more. should be around 6500 actually. who cares-no harm done-just bounce it once and see

·
Registered
9,899 Posts
Re: rev limiter (sergevr6)

Take the car out after it is warmed up and get into 2nd gear and step on the gas until you hit the limiter..... Then you will know for sure.....

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Re: rev limiter (IJM)

What would it feel like once you hit the limiter? I can rev mine way in the red but I also have a chip. Just curious what it would fee llike.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Re: rev limiter (daredvl2b)

Hold in the MFA button, turn the key to position 3, 2, then 3 again whilst still holding the MFA button, then start the car. Your trip computer will now display a whole bunch of different settings, like momentory mpg instead of average mpg, and amongst other things, will tell you the exact number your rev limiter is set to.
Mine is 7,200 as standard (2.9L).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Re: rev limiter (Storm Warning)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hold in the MFA button, turn the key to position 3, 2, then 3 again whilst still holding the MFA button, then start the car. Your trip computer will now display a whole bunch of different settings, like momentory mpg instead of average mpg, and amongst other things, will tell you the exact number your rev limiter is set to.
Mine is 7,200 as standard (2.9L).[HR][/HR]​
Wow, thanks. I think I'll try that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
399 Posts
Re: rev limiter (IJM)

I tacked out my 99.5 by accident one day when it was still practically brand new (about 5k mi.). I was racing a very noisy truck and couldn't hear my engine, and wasn't used to the feel yet.
Anyway, I didn't see exactly how high I ran but it was definately above 6600. I believe it was above 7000, but I've also been more than 130 mph with stock chip, and I never hit a speed limiter either.

Now I'm chipped (GIAC) so the rev-limiter should be at 7200.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.