VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
Looks less awkward than the old one. :thumbup:

For real world driving, why would anyone get a 911? You can have a Cayman S that's point-to-point just as fast for the average driver and its less money. Especially now since it's much better looking!

·
Registered
Golf
3,081 Posts
I like it - especially that they did away with the weird kink in the rear hatch where the bottom of the window and top of the "trunk" were inset.

But... I can't help but think the back looks a bit like a squished new-new Beetle when I squint.

- from the guy with the squished old-new Beetle

For real world driving, why would anyone get a 911? You can have a Cayman S that's point-to-point just as fast for the average driver and its less money. Especially now since it's much better looking!
I'm sure it's great to drive but I still find the 911 about 100x more attractive.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
Looks less awkward than the old one. :thumbup:

I agree. Now that the Cayman S has 325 hp yet still weighs only 3,000 lbs should put it near 997 C2S performance territory. Of course, my fantasy of dropping off my kid at daycare in a Porsche wouldn't quite work as well in a 2-seater Cayman.

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
More power, and two more seats.
I'm just saying, in real world driving situations you don't really need the extra power. A Cayman is already license-losing fast.

I also wonder how many 911 buyers buy it because it has rear seats. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 335 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.