VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the 2017 Golf R support dipping the passenger side mirror in reverse? If so, how do you program it? Also, do the return to the proper position after reverse? I saw some posts suggesting USA models do not have the memory function to return to the proper position. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes it does but if you do not have power folding mirrors then when it goes back up it will not be in the exact state it was before. Coding can be done via OBD or vcds. This has been talked about a ton, just search

·
Registered
2017 Passat Sel Premium Vr6
34 Posts
Do the 2017 Golf R support dipping the passenger side mirror in reverse? If so, how do you program it? Also, do the return to the proper position after reverse? I saw some posts suggesting USA models do not have the memory function to return to the proper position. Thanks.
You can quickly program it from OBD11. Took me about five minutes. The last statement is partially true! I had a 2018 Passat Sel (fixed mirrors) before my 2017 and its right side mirror Dipped/returned once you accelerate past 10mph. My 2017 has power folding mirrors and is programmed to dip/return the same. That being said you need to keep the controls for your mirrors on “r” and you have to have memeory seats. The memory seats and what saves all the mirror setting in it.
Font Terrestrial plant Number Electric blue Circle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it does but if you do not have power folding mirrors then when it goes back up it will not be in the exact state it was before. Coding can be done via OBD or vcds. This has been talked about a ton, just search
Thanks. Did a search and saw some threads. Wasn't clear to me if there was any difference between Golf R and GTIs as I saw threads relating to both.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can quickly program it from OBD11. Took me about five minutes. The last statement is partially true! I had a 2018 Passat Sel (fixed mirrors) before my 2017 and its right side mirror Dipped/returned once you accelerate past 10mph. My 2017 has power folding mirrors and is programmed to dip/return the same. That being said you need to keep the controls for your mirrors on “r” and you have to have memeory seats. The memory seats and what saves all the mirror setting in it. View attachment 128228
Thanks for this 🙌

1 - 7 of 7 Posts