VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pictures speak 1,000 words so let's start there, even if it's from an iPhone5 in the "dark."

Ziza LEDs (left) vs de Auto Key LEDs (right)

This is a review comparing the Ziza LEDs to the de Auto Key LEDs. I purchased these after seeing their thread HERE.

Why did I purchase another interior LED kit after already having one?

I had an issue with 2 of the dome LEDs blinking if they were on for more than 1 minute. My glove box LED had not worked in who knows how long and one of the dome LED's chips (6 leg) originally came off during installation. I was able to solder the chip back to the base and it worked, however I feel that it shouldn't have broke off in the first place. Why didn't I get replacements? I was told it was "user error" upon installation.

So after seeing de Auto Key's thread and the price wasn't $110, I figured "Why not?" In addition to the price, I found where de Auto Key had ensured that there would be no issues with their kit, and if there were I determined that their customer service would be helpful in getting any issues rectified based on feedback from other customers of de Auto Key.

I did not replace the Ziza trunk or visor LEDs at this time, as the Ziza LEDs still work properly and don't get much, if any use at those locations. Speaking of which, I've noticed where the Ziza LEDs are sold, the visor LEDs are on in their pics, which gives the impression of the dome LEDs being far brighter than they actually are. Please understand that my pics are of the dome LEDs only.

The de Auto Key LEDs are not blinking, did not break, and provide far superior lighting than my Ziza LEDs.

Thank you de Auto Key.

Here are some additional photos.

de Auto Key LED Interior Kit

Ziza: Glove Box LED

Ziza (left) vs de Auto Key (right): Glove Box LED

Ziza (left) vs de Auto Key (right): Footwell LED

Ziza (left) vs de Auto Key (right): Dome LED

:thumbup:

·
Registered
394 Posts
$65 now?! Why do you guys keep jacking up the price?
Supply and demand. Posting reviews like this are helpful to potential customers. However, they also encourage the supplier to be inherently greedy due to said increased demand, due to these reviews.

Greed and fear, my friend...greed and fear. :sly:

..where's my tinfoil hat?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I never said I made these personally, when did I say that? but I make these under our specifications for what we tested works.

At any rate, good luck with your adventure, we always welcome competition and we always let our product speak for themselves.

Thank you
You said, and I quote...

We were one of the first companies to create an LED that caused no spotting on the footwells

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
You said, and I quote...
We would like to clear up any confusion you may have.

yes, we created/developed an LED footwell to our specifications, such as beam angle, and lumens to create an LED that eliminates the footwell spotting.

Thank you for letting us share this and explain this to you. We have also said the same thing to many people who have emailed us asking similar questions, we could have solved your issues with a simple email.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
You said, and I quote...
To be the ones to create something you don't necessarily need to physically construct it.

Take Apple for example. "Designed by Apple in California" appears on all of their products that are constructed in the Foxxcon factory. Still the product is known to be an "Apple" product, not a "Foxxcon" product.

So yes, deAutoKey was the first to "create" the footwell LEDs that produce zero spotting. All the R&D these guys did is really amazing if you could learn to appreciate it instead of being a keyboard warrior.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
All I have is their license plate LEDs, but I will say that I am extremely impressed with the quality not only of the lighting itself, but also the construction. I was also very pleased with the prompt shipping and customer service.

:thumbup: for deAutoKey

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
All I have is their license plate LEDs, but I will say that I am extremely impressed with the quality not only of the lighting itself, but also the construction. I was also very pleased with the prompt shipping and customer service.

:thumbup: for deAutoKey
Thanks for that feedback, that is what we strive for, we know you want your item quickly, and we will ship out ALL orders same, or next day.
Again, thanks for that great feedback, it is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Thanks for that feedback, that is what we strive for, we know you want your item quickly, and we will ship out ALL orders same, or next day.
Again, thanks for that great feedback, it is highly appreciated.
Just installed my interior set last weekend. Awesome!! :) :thumbup:

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
To be the ones to create something you don't necessarily need to physically construct it.

Take Apple for example. "Designed by Apple in California" appears on all of their products that are constructed in the Foxxcon factory. Still the product is known to be an "Apple" product, not a "Foxxcon" product.

So yes, deAutoKey was the first to "create" the footwell LEDs that produce zero spotting. All the R&D these guys did is really amazing if you could learn to appreciate it instead of being a keyboard warrior.
:thumbup: thank you.

We appreciate the support over the years. Thank you again

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I use deautokey in both my cars (gti & gli) major differences in all bulbs I replaced an still better an brighter than any other LEDs ive come across .... Pricey yes... Worth it.... X 10 !!! The LEDs alone improve the look an visibility in my car. An I've had 3 issues with my LED bulbs , and every time I simply send them a email .. Explain what happened an a few days later ....new bulb. Money can't buy excellent customer service. Or atleats $60 anywhere don't mean ****. These guys work hard to produce quality LEDs. An hey if they jack the prices up. **** its there business. They've built up there customer base an loyalty but most of all reputation.... Takes a lot to do that on these forums. An next time I'm in need. I know who to turn to. Enjoy ur eBay LEDs sir. Hope dat **** don't blow up in ur face.

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
I use deautokey in both my cars (gti & gli) major differences in all bulbs I replaced an still better an brighter than any other LEDs ive come across .... Pricey yes... Worth it.... X 10 !!! The LEDs alone improve the look an visibility in my car. An I've had 3 issues with my LED bulbs , and every time I simply send them a email .. Explain what happened an a few days later ....new bulb. Money can't buy excellent customer service. Or atleats $60 anywhere don't mean ****. These guys work hard to produce quality LEDs. An hey if they jack the prices up. **** its there business. They've built up there customer base an loyalty but most of all reputation.... Takes a lot to do that on these forums. An next time I'm in need. I know who to turn to. Enjoy ur eBay LEDs sir. Hope dat **** don't blow up in ur face.
:) We love the passion and thanks for the photos - they look great and we will share and tag them on IG.

For the LEDs - we price them competitively when you compare them to LEDs similar to ours we are normally lower, yes, there are cheaper LEDs out there, we all know this, but what matters is what goes into the actual LED and not the aesthetics of them, the warranty and customer service doesn't hurt though. :thumbup:

A few examples below:

deAutoLED Front turn signals vs ebay front turns:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...me-Warrant&p=91806377&viewfull=1#post91806377

deAutoLED vs Philips reverse LEDs:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Stage-I-reverse-bulbs-installed-review-inside!

deAutoLED Brake vs Amazon brake LEDs:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...-LED-bulbs-and-why-to-only-buy-from-DeAutoKey

There are a lot more examples but we feel that is enough.

Thank you and let us know if anyone has questions.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
After probably 3 years on my gli an 1 year on my gti the lights are still the best investment ever. Still going strong with no problems. Great buy

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts