VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone-

I'm relatively new to the GTI world, and this is my first "mod" done so I thought I would give a quick review. I recently purchased an interior LED kit from deautokey found here and received it today (2 days after ordering).

First let me begin by stating that the service and response from deautokey.com has been awesome. Any questions I've had, have been answered in minutes not hours/days. And while I haven't had to use their return policy/warranty, my interaction with them leads me to believe they will stand behind it no questions asked. I don't mind paying for quality, especially knowing the company stands behind their product. And just to clear it up, no I am not paid or associated with deautokey (I don't even know his/her name :confused:). I purchased these LED's for the full price on the site and have had a good experience to date, I just like to give props where they are due. I have been a member of many forums and have learned a lot along the way, so I like to contribute and help out the specialized vendors where I can.

Now onto the product :thumbup: . The kit comes with all your needed interior LED lights:

1. Front dome
  2. Front visors
  3. Footwells (selection of colors, I went with white)
  4. Rear dome
  5. glovebox
  6. trunk

The install is your standard LED install, I followed the steps found here.
The lights are a very nice white and make a world of difference in the car. They are exactly what I was hoping for and expecting. Enough of me yapping though, on to the pictures!

New LED's in from the outside:

Before/After front seat:

Before/After backseat:

Before/After trunk:

I've just had them installed for a couple of hours now, so I can't speak to their longevity, but I'll be sure to update the thread occasionally. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
amazing review! Thank you
All sets are sold out! We will have more sets coming in so keep a look out!
I will also have new exciting (8 LED) footwells that will be available in blue and red!

The LED vary, the dome lights have a 5 LED, trunk has 8 LED, the sun visor has 3 LED, the footwells will have 8 LED lights in the future and be a lot brighter and can be set with the MFD settings.

All hyper white super bright 5500-7000 range, no blue/no cheesy LEDs here and at a very affordable price, full warranty for a year to prevent against any defects, and we will answer any installation questions you might have!

Thanks again for this amazing review and pics, I will be stealing these pics for our website. :)

·
Registered
53,340 Posts
....Enough of me yapping though, on to the pictures!

New LED's in from the outside:

Before/After front seat:

Before/After backseat:

Before/After trunk:

....If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks, Chris
So, based on your pictures, the OEM lighting is much more attractive, correct?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I installed all my lights yesterday, the front dome was the hardest to get to because it feels like I was going to break something. But all is well. It is a night and day difference! Really it is!

I met up with my parents for dinner last night and after I showed my mom the lights and when they turned on after I clicked my unlock button, my mom @ 20ft away was like "oh wow! I can tell the difference already!" lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
A great write up and, as other have said, the before/after pics did it for me. This will probably be the first mod on my list.

@deAutokey - any idea on when they will be back in stock?

thanks all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I installed all my lights yesterday, the front dome was the hardest to get to because it feels like I was going to break something. But all is well. It is a night and day difference! Really it is!

I met up with my parents for dinner last night and after I showed my mom the lights and when they turned on after I clicked my unlock button, my mom @ 20ft away was like "oh wow! I can tell the difference already!" lol
I agree, the front dome was the scariest for me too.. Once I figured it out though I actually took it apart two more times because I saw a spec of dirt in the lens I was trying to get to and it. It was much quicker after I was comfortable with how all the pieces fit and flexed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just finished replacing all my interior bulbs to LED with the bulbs from Led Wholesale. The GTI interior at night is just damn sexy! Haven't figured out how to upload pics yet!:banghead:

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
A great write up and, as other have said, the before/after pics did it for me. This will probably be the first mod on my list.

@deAutokey - any idea on when they will be back in stock?

thanks all.
They should be back in 3 weeks.

you can also get a $3 off coupon when you support and like us on FB. www.Facebook.com/deAutoKey

I would like to add that these also "fade out" when you shut your car off and work with your MFD..
They come with warranty, and I will answer any questions you have when installing.

I would like to thank everyone who ordered these sets and plan on ordering in the future, I hope to keep them at this great price!

Thanks again for the support of the forum and shopping with us!

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
I just finished replacing all my interior bulbs to LED with the bulbs from Led Wholesale. The GTI interior at night is just damn sexy! Haven't figured out how to upload pics yet!:banghead:
You will end up spending more money shopping with them. :thumbdown:

And you won't be supporting a paying vortex advertiser ;) :thumbup:

·
Vendor
22,338 Posts
I didn't know about this website, sorry. I will be ordering more toys though! Thanks for the heads up on your website!
It is ok, We want people to get the best possible deal, our prices are very competitive for the forum members here!

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for great product and price! deautokey is a stand up guy will help you out whenever you need it. Very fast at responding to any email you send his way! Buy with confidence 2:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts