·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Delete

·
Registered
514 Posts
on a scale of 1-10 how stiff is the ride on these i just bought a gli and did a little work to it so far but my next project is to lower it. ive been pondering with many ideas like a full spring strut and shock package or simply buying coilovers. i as well put a lot of miles on my car but my neighborhood also has some pretty significant speed bumps, i am just trying to figure out what my best bet would be

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on a scale of 1-10 how stiff is the ride on these i just bought a gli and did a little work to it so far but my next project is to lower it. ive been pondering with many ideas like a full spring strut and shock package or simply buying coilovers. i as well put a lot of miles on my car but my neighborhood also has some pretty significant speed bumps, i am just trying to figure out what my best bet would be
it was a little bit of a rough ride but it was expected out of a set of 500 coilovers. honestly if you want something with a very nice ride go with the ksports but it does come with a nice price too! on these, I had to replave the rear springs because they got all deformed and twisted. not sure why but they did warranty thm out. I had to buy another set of rear springs and then when they received my old ones they refunded my money..

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice review. Any idea what happened to the rear springs? Were they damaged during the install? We have the same kit on our current project car. Which springs did you go with as the replacement? How can we make the ride more comfortable without sacrificing ride height? Replace the shocks?
im not sure what caused them to get ruined but thankfully they replaced them under warranty with the same springs. they were installed correctly and were not abused so im not sure. as far as making them more comfortable, I don't know. I dealt with it and it didn't bother me because im used to lowered cars.

Good review. I like your car.
thank you... I unfortunately I no longer have the car, I traded it in about 3 weeks ago. I did however take some parts off and have sold some, some are still for sale. I did leave the suspension with the car though, didn't have a replacement set to switch them out plus I didn't feel like trying to resale or remove them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts