VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
91 Octane users ONLY, please!
Just trying to learn more about REVO SPS3.
Please list your mods (if any, other than Revo) and tell us what settings you drive on, on a DAY-TO-DAY basis, and what settings you use if you're going to the track or drag strip.
I'm on a bone stock car (other than REVO 3bar) running at Low Boost 9 and Timing 2.

· Registered
131 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (ICIN235)

What'sup ICIN235, yeh I've tried as high as HB3 with T3 with no ill effect on 91 crap - only thing we have here as you know.
Check out a Kurtp who's also in 18turbo.com who has the http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif on Revo tuning.

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (fccn75)

Quote, originally posted by fccn75 »
What'sup ICIN235, yeh I've tried as high as HB3 with T3 with no ill effect on 91 crap - only thing we have here as you know.
Check out a Kurtp who's also in 18turbo.com who has the http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif on Revo tuning.

Yeah, I've been talking with KurtP. He seems to know what he's doing with the 1.8Ts. Unfortunately for me, he gets the good 93 octane gas, so I can't compare my settings directly with his.

Modified by ICIN235 at 2:35 PM 1-8-2004

· Registered
5,226 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (jimerc21)

if you can only get 91oct i wouldn't take the timing past 3 or 4. you will pull timing and performance will suck.. boost you can play with though.. If you guys get a vag, play with it see where u start to pull timing.. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Over here on the east coast they have 94oct at all the sunocos
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (Padlock)

Hmmm... on my otherwise stock car, LB9 and Timing 3 really seems to work best.

· Registered
848 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (Holy Piston)

when my revo was installed it was at low boost 9, timing 5 for 93 octane. I ran this as my only mod daily in texas heat without any problems (4 bar setup).
Now I can run HB 5, timing 4 and she SCREAMS.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (rmatthews9)

as ive said on the fixx, its all about the process. same process i use on 93 works for any octane setting. set a boost within the range attainable by the charger, high boost 2-4 work well for the most part. from there adjust timing while using a vag com and monitor block 020. some people will tell you that they tune for 5.3. personally, i tune to 3 max stabalization while on load. you will get spikes as you come from full throttle to off throttle or as driving is prolonged, and that leaves some head room. imo the extra 2-3hp isnt worth it if it cant make it all the time or you damage the motor. im always on the fixx to answer any tuning q's(sometimes with a "i have no idea, let me look!"
. im just on here for a little while cleaning up some loose ends and selling a few items.
gluck, and thanks for the kind words. means more than you all know

-KP

· Banned
2,436 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (KurtP)

what would be an ideal setting for a stock motor running on 91 octane..?
only upgrades being a DV
anyone have some good setting they have found with that ??

· Registered
848 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (KurtP)

Kurt, I read some of your revo related posts on the other board- for a daily setting on 93 octane with a TB you'd recommend HB3 T5...? I can't seem to get more out of it above that anyway, HB4 T4 feels faster than HB3 T5 when I drive them back to back. It feels smoother too esp when its hot, like the car wants to rev easier but it must be safe to assume that 21psi is beyond efficiency.
Anyone dyno on the different settings with either 91/93 octane?

· Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote, originally posted by Padlock »
what would be an ideal setting for a stock motor running on 91 octane..?
only upgrades being a DV
anyone have some good setting they have found with that ??

LB9 and Timing3 seems to work best on my car. I had the boost at HB1 for a while, but it didn't seem to make the car faster.

· Registered
2,534 Posts
Re: REVO owners using 91 OCTANE - Post your SPS Settings and Mods. (rmatthews9)

again, you cant really go by what the butt dyno says. i generally found that timing 4 pulled better numbers for my car. timing 5 worked if i had the ic sprayer on in good temps outside. when in doubt, go the timing setting lower.

· Registered
262 Posts

For general in-traffic driving I have mine set for LB4 T9.
The low end and off boost responsiveness is insane. I haven't had any problems with that on 91 octane unless the temperature was above 25 degrees C outside. If it is above that temperature I just make sure I am running 94 octane (which costs no more than the 91 but is only available in a few locations here).
With a tank of pure 94 I have gone as high as LB7 T9 before it complains.
Oh, and all of this is with two bad coil packs (getting replaced next week I hope!).
p.s. LB1 T9 yields some killer mileage on flat highways.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.