VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has Revo'd their .:R32? When i was at my local tuner shop they told me that Revo was the way to go. I'm fairly new to these type of upgrades so i need some opinions from people that have had it done to their rides. . . Thanks in advance! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

_____
Deep Blue Pearl .:R32 W/Cloth, Exhaust Mod, Evo CAI
If your in maine you gotta check out the boys at rennen!
http://www.rennen.us

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Re: (Greanhouse)

Greanhouse,
Keep this thread clean, Monteballz was just asking a simple question. Don't start the APR/Revo fight, it isn't needed.
Monteballz,
Revo is another tuner who is quite good at what they do, like all the other tuners. Yes, you are going to get personal opinons as to who is better than who. Just be a good customer and shop around and look for what you want to get and what might fit with your needs. If a Revo dealer is the closest tuner to you then great, I know you won't be disappointed. From my understanding Revo is still in the process of tuning for the R32 in the US. They have had a R32 in Europe for sometime now so the US tuning should be here shortly.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (Sutt)

Thanks Sutt! I am pretty sure that i'm goin to go with Revo. But I am going to wait a few months for them to get the bugs out. The great thing is i'm not in a rush because the car is already a rocketship! haha thanks again! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

_______
Deep Blue Pearl .:R32

·
Registered
496 Posts

Sutt said:
Greanhouse,
Keep this thread clean, Monteballz was just asking a simple question. Don't start the APR/Revo fight, it isn't needed.
Sutt said:
Thanks, Mom.
I am referring to the lack of production from them as late. I see they have a s/c in production and am hoping to see it finished soon. It seems alot of companies are ramping up with some good stuff to hit soon and it's nice to see more options.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts

I just think there is no reason to rehash all the crap. Your statement could be taken a number of ways and that was the way I understood it.
By the way what are the cumbers on the R32 from APR. I know I have read them before from you but I can't find that thread.
TIA
What is this about a Revo supercharger?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts

I think every chip tuner is taking advantage of the R32. Look at APR. I don't think they normally do VR6 chips. I like the fact that we have many chips to choose from. Good competition. Personally I went with AMD. I had a dealer 10 miles from my house and they claim the highest hp gain. Pricey yes but I am happy.

·
Registered
496 Posts
17 trq. 15 hp. at the wheels
I read a post on ukmk4 about a revo r32 with a s/c that is driving but still has some bugs. In the same thread it talks about an APR chipped and exhaust pulling on an AMD stg3 and the Revo car. Revo said the belt was slipping and AMD said the speed and rev limiter was still in place as for reasons they were not performing as well. Here's the link: http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/...29417

·
Registered
6,586 Posts

Actually REVO is still testing their code, and it is not officially released yet. When I get more info on them, I will post it and let you know. I should have a Cali (91 octane) trial version very soon..

·
Registered
174 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Greanhouse »
17 trq. 15 hp. at the wheels
AMD said the speed and rev limiter was still in place as for reasons they were not performing as well. Here's the link: http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/...29417

As far as I know AMD never produced dynos for their ridiculously priced chip, and I don't think even they know whether their claim of 20hp is at the wheels or crank, so who knows, it may be Nospeed chip for 4xthe price. And what's interesting that at the beggining they claimed 20 hp with just chip alone, lately someone posted they now claim 20 with their chip and CAI. Who knows?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: (PLDUB)

I got version 2 of the AMD chip and it removes the governor and raises the rev limiter. I checked out AMD's website and they claim 20hp on the chip alone. I was skeptical at first but after driving the car for almost a week now with the chip it feels so much better.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

Sorry George I haven't had the car dynoed. I would like to. Couldn't I sue AMD for false advertising if I find out the chip doesn't add 20hp? ha!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Re: (peppeVR6)

I doubt you could sue them because they NEVER said it was for US cars (from what I saw). The company is based in the UK, and they only posted UK results sly enough for everyone to think it is for the US cars to.
Just my opinion..

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: ([email protected])

sofware should be similar I would think. Maybe I overpaid for the chip and maybe I didn't. The only thing I like about APR's and soon to be GIAC is that you can switch between programs. Maybe AMD will upgrade to flash programming and then I can get an update!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts